VITAVON diff housing for the Losi DB Pro. Why? Is it worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
No doubt...these look nice....

For the Losi DB Pro ,it is not a send-it RC and in my perspective and is for a specific type of running. I do not see an issue with the f/r diff bulkhead installed
so I am trying to understand what is the reason or benefit for something like this for the Losi DB Pro? Cost is like $88 ea. Why would a person install these on this RC?

1624242905672.png
1624242965017.png

@gotnitro @razorrc

I don't have this car, but from what i understood that original platform was design for short course wheels, so when it was used on the cars that have much bigger wheels (like the MT or the Lazernut) that stress the gears much more - it surfaced 2 weakness in the design, 1. the gear box flexes under load and causing gear skipping. 2. the small bearings for the input gears cannot hold the load and break.

So this diff case fixes these 2 issues.

I not sure it will do a great benefit on the DB pro, as it wheels are light.

Yes @Yonic got it right. The bigger bearings greatly re-inforces the driveshafts going into the input gears which is a weak point in the Lasernut. Of course, since we're talking dp pro here, it probably WOULDN'T help it much as I haven't heard this issue existing on the db pro. That being said, this may just be a bling factor or just a way to re-inforce things for peace of mind :)

@Yonic @Ruzty1311 thx for the reply....I will let that one pass not worth the cost and I do use the Proline SC tires that are like the factory tires 2.2/3.0.

Since I have changed a few things over in the drivetrain to Tekno it has been spot on...

Thx

Hey I just wanted to chime back in here because I now have a DB Pro lol! SOOOO after taking apart car to fill the diffs with my choice of fluids I quickly realized the need for these as the plastics Losi uses is crap lol Somehow the screws that bolt the bulkhead together stripped out of the holes and I took it easy removing them. When I went to put them back in, they just kept turning loosely. On both the front and rear there was at least a couple screws that would not get TIGHT TIGHT as it was when I removed them. If I have issues, I'm definitely going Vitavon. I wish there were other, cheaper, options out there for a metal bulkhead, but for now it is what it is.

I noticed that Arrmas plastics are really not much better. I've had multiple screws not go back in tight at all and on the bulkheads as well on my 6s rigs and once on my 3s Granite. I guess it's something that just happens.

Hey I just wanted to chime back in here because I now have a DB Pro lol! SOOOO after taking apart car to fill the diffs with my choice of fluids I quickly realized the need for these as the plastics Losi uses is crap lol Somehow the screws that bolt the bulkhead together stripped out of the holes and I took it easy removing them. When I went to put them back in, they just kept turning loosely. On both the front and rear there was at least a couple screws that would not get TIGHT TIGHT as it was when I removed them. If I have issues, I'm definitely going Vitavon. I wish there were other, cheaper, options out there for a metal bulkhead, but for now it is what it is.

I noticed that Arrmas plastics are really not much better. I've had multiple screws not go back in tight at all and on the bulkheads as well on my 6s rigs and once on my 3s Granite. I guess it's something that just happens.

Keep us updated on how they work out....might still be an option for me later. I went to Jenny's site and I have the front/rear bulkhead with diffs from him really cheap so I do have backups...stock but the cost of those two were way cheaper than the one Vit

Keep us updated on how they work out....might still be an option for me later. I went to Jenny's site and I have the front/rear bulkhead with diffs from him really cheap so I do have backups...stock but the cost of those two were way cheaper than the one Vit
I did the same thing last week lol I bought a full set of spares, front center rear, off Jennys. The thing is, its such a pain in the ass to get to the diffs I dread taking all that apart again if my current bulkheads don't hold up, but it is what it is.

No doubt...these look nice....

For the Losi DB Pro ,it is not a send-it RC and in my perspective and is for a specific type of running. I do not see an issue with the f/r diff bulkhead installed
so I am trying to understand what is the reason or benefit for something like this for the Losi DB Pro? Cost is like $88 ea. Why would a person install these on this RC?

View attachment 153280View attachment 153281
@gotnitro @razorrc
The DB Pro, like the Lasernut, blows through bearings like crazy. The Vitavon upgrades accommodate larger bearings to resolve a design issue that Losi should have fixed on their own. Instead the V2 only changes electronics so that I have to throw away slightly more expensive radio and servo junk when the car arrives. Still love the Pro though ... addict.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back