Kraton Vitavon Parts for Kraton 6s exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100%

Vitavon parts have fantastic fit and finish. They have top notch quality.

I wouldn’t hesitate! What color you gettin ?? Haha
Red...lol. I figured you would know and might chime in. 👊🏼👍🏼😎

Anyone know if vitavon parts, diff cups and bulkheads specifically, are a good fit and worth the money?
I like there gear set. Been running them for awhile no problems.
2FC8E28A-4542-47A9-B157-FB82B4DA63B9.png

Correct. I have both EXB and 31mm. I run both the 29mm (EXB) are stronger I use those in our jump rig. I’ve tried my share of diff fluids I keep a few spares ready with different fluids. View attachment 258972
Vitavon doesn't have gears for the EXB ones though, right? I have built my fair share and found a recipe that is pretty bullit proof!
20221113_211049.jpg

Vitavon doesn't have gears for the EXB ones though, right? I have built my fair share and found a recipe that is pretty bullit proof! View attachment 258973
Would you be willing to share your recipe? I am fairly new to the rc world and have had a pretty rough time with diff's since I received my first rc. I have experimented a bunch and think I may have it figured out but seeing what you do sure wouldn't hurt. I have both...the plastic diff housing and the red exb ones. I have a red one in the back and plastic in the middle and front. I have an extra red one for the front ready to install. I use the exb gears and shim kit that arrma makes. Also what fluids are you using? @Rcproponent has helped me out a bunch but would love to hear your thoughts as well. thnx!

Would you be willing to share your recipe? I am fairly new to the rc world and have had a pretty rough time with diff's since I received my first rc. I have experimented a bunch and think I may have it figured out but seeing what you do sure wouldn't hurt. I have both...the plastic diff housing and the red exb ones. I have a red one in the back and plastic in the middle and front. I have an extra red one for the front ready to install. I use the exb gears and shim kit that arrma makes. Also what fluids are you using? @Rcproponent has helped me out a bunch but would love to hear your thoughts as well. thnx!
Sure,
M2C diff cups (a must)
Fast Eddie's bearings
Arrma Shim kit
Arrma Aluminum diff cup
Paino wire or tool steel for diff cup pins (my LHS has various gages of paino wire)
If it is going to be an LSD use the plates.
If it's going to be open diff use the round plate and a thick shim to to make up the difference of the other 2 shims.

Sure,
M2C diff cups (a must)
Fast Eddie's bearings
Arrma Shim kit
Arrma Aluminum diff cup
Paino wire or tool steel for diff cup pins (my LHS has various gages of paino wire)
If it is going to be an LSD use the plates.
If it's going to be open diff use the round plate and a thick shim to to make up the difference of the other 2 shims.
Awesome thanks! I may hit you up later on when I dive back in for clarification if that's cool.

I’ve returned all the Vitavon parts I’ve bought so far. Every one of them has had issues.

1. The bulkhead carrier has 2 bolts that are out of place. The first set is the bottom mount for the shock tower, and the other part is the mount for the steering top cover plate and/or the rear brace depending on if it’s at the front or back location. I was able to force the rear center brace mount in, but the front cover gave me issues because the screw holes were just far enough off, and I had to pick the plate up a bit to force the screw in.

2. The hinge pin holders have the holes for the nipple slightly too low, this causes binding when putting in the screws, and also causes binding on the bottom screws that hold it in place due to it not being able to seat properly.

3. The steering rack has the main post set in slightly too far. What happens is the arm that swings sits higher, and so it rubs on your top plate.

4. I’ve got the hub housings coming in, but honestly with all the issues of the other parts I’ve gotten from Vitavon, I’m returning those too.

I’ve instead spent even more money buying ScorchedRC. While I was trying to save a few $ and buy decent Chinese gear, I find myself instead shelling out more to buy the always superior ScorchedRC gear.

Well, suppose I better open the lower hinge pin holders I ordered and see how they fit. Bummer

I was really shocked given all the positive reviews, and I ordered enough to outfit both of my rigs. I really do love the look. I could’ve forced it to work, but I’m not going to do that for the price charged. It’s literally .5-1mm off in the locations listed above, just enough to matter. If you do get it to thread you’ll undoubtedly hear the squeak.

For the steering rack I was able to put a hot racing locking post in place of theirs and make it work. Not ideal for a $70 part to require someone else’s part to work.

I’ve returned all the Vitavon parts I’ve bought so far. Every one of them has had issues.

1. The bulkhead carrier has 2 bolts that are out of place. The first set is the bottom mount for the shock tower, and the other part is the mount for the steering top cover plate and/or the rear brace depending on if it’s at the front or back location. I was able to force the rear center brace mount in, but the front cover gave me issues because the screw holes were just far enough off, and I had to pick the plate up a bit to force the screw in.

2. The hinge pin holders have the holes for the nipple slightly too low, this causes binding when putting in the screws, and also causes binding on the bottom screws that hold it in place due to it not being able to seat properly.

3. The steering rack has the main post set in slightly too far. What happens is the arm that swings sits higher, and so it rubs on your top plate.

4. I’ve got the hub housings coming in, but honestly with all the issues of the other parts I’ve gotten from Vitavon, I’m returning those too.

I’ve instead spent even more money buying ScorchedRC. While I was trying to save a few $ and buy decent Chinese gear, I find myself instead shelling out more to buy the always superior ScorchedRC gear.
Well this disconcerting to say the least. I guess we'll see how it goes when I start the build. I have fitted non-metal exb diffs into the vita bulkheads and they fit really well. Not so much for the metal exb diffs. Thank's for the feedback..even if it wasn't wanted to hear.

After reading this I went and got my Vitavon diff cup and build a couple diffs today for my next build. The Vitavon diff I don’t like not as “smooth” as the factory diff cup. I’m not going to run it in the rig I’m going to use a factory diff cup. I’ve only used there gear set and those have been fine but that’s it as far as Vitavon parts goes. Im Disappointed 😔.

A07B3344-9DAE-4267-A147-223EF28FFFA4.jpeg

4F207308-483A-466E-92A2-7097FF7ADBD2.png

B6FE6FBE-5F89-4DFE-B104-12B6F5949728.png

8612EEC6-4533-48C1-A407-EAA5D746756A.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back