Granite Voltage 2WD brushless conversion, Velo’s learning curve build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy smokes! Dude, that is brilliant. Now if I can only find one of the stocks skids. I took them off ages ago and put T-bone bumpers on all three of the cars. I love the idea man and thanks for sharing!

Nice looking Voltage by the way! The badlands look great on it.

Thanks! This is how it sits now, the kids drive it around the yard a lot. We've even got some paddles for it for the sand.

20211218_132718.jpg
20220105_103502.jpg

Thanks! This is how it sits now, the kids drive it around the yard a lot. We've even got some paddles for it for the sand.

View attachment 220419View attachment 220422
Very nice! I did a bug body using color changing paint. It was my first attempt to paint a body. We were trying to get it a bright orange and purple and ended up being a muddy copper. Fugly 😂

I can’t believe that I have lost those small bumper parts from all three of the voltages I’ve had over the last few years. Normally I don’t throw away anything part wise so I’m a bit mystified right now. I have some thermal plastic I recently got. This will be a good first attempt to mold something out of it. That is a damn good idea though that you had.

You don’t have any differential issues with those tires? How about the drive cups? It’s a good thing that you kept it brushed. Are those from a mega infection or mega Granite? Going brushless on those things was a tremendous mistake. I must’ve killed eight or nine differentials being stubborn trying to keep them brushless. The learning experience was worth it though.

Very nice! I did a bug body using color changing paint. It was my first attempt to paint a body. We were trying to get it a bright orange and purple and ended up being a muddy copper. Fugly 😂

I can’t believe that I have lost those small bumper parts from all three of the voltages I’ve had over the last few years. Normally I don’t throw away anything part wise so I’m a bit mystified right now. I have some thermal plastic I recently got. This will be a good first attempt to mold something out of it. That is a damn good idea though that you had.

You don’t have any differential issues with those tires? How about the drive cups? It’s a good thing that you kept it brushed. Are those from a mega infection or mega Granite? Going brushless on those things was a tremendous mistake. I must’ve killed eight or nine differentials being stubborn trying to keep them brushless. The learning experience was worth it though.

Motor/ESC is from the Infraction. Haven't had any issues at all yet. It's probably got 20-25 packs through it with this setup. On a full battery (2s) it'll pull the front wheels up on Asphalt. I've got Incision steel gears on standby, as well as some other upgraded driveline parts, but I haven't installed any of them yet and probably won't until something breaks. I doubt I'll put brushless in it, as it's pretty much the kids' rig and this 9t motor on a LiPo is plenty of power for them, especially since it's mostly just driven around the yard.

Motor/ESC is from the Infraction. Haven't had any issues at all yet. It's probably got 20-25 packs through it with this setup. On a full battery (2s) it'll pull the front wheels up on Asphalt. I've got Incision steel gears on standby, as well as some other upgraded driveline parts, but I haven't installed any of them yet and probably won't until something breaks. I doubt I'll put brushless in it, as it's pretty much the kids' rig and this 9t motor on a LiPo is plenty of power for them, especially since it's mostly just driven around the yard.
I’m extremely happy with mini-infraction mega set up! It’s perfect for this truck. On the 17t pinion it surprised me by how quick it is. I have an 18t I’m going to throw in to reduce the torque a bit more and tighten up the mesh, which is a touch loose with the 17t.

What kind of steel gears? Do you mean Integy? I’ve looked at those but didn’t want to drop a 100 bucks on them. I do have the Integy drive shafts and they work great. I also upgraded the steering rods to lightweight Traxxas turnbuckles with rpm press on heads (or whatever their called) on them that I’d gotten a year back for another project. Since they pop off on impact it saves the steering blocks.

C42F0CB7-AE6E-4EC7-B1FA-7CE0E54CD621.jpeg

425DA9CA-0AA3-4ED1-87AD-A284B70EEA90.jpeg

9ECBA787-36CB-4981-97B8-688971C455DF.jpeg

A4B563A9-9978-43B6-8C72-D194E2FAA431.jpeg

Motor/ESC is from the Infraction.
So what did you do with your mini infraction?

I’m extremely happy with mini-infraction mega set up! It’s perfect for this truck. On the 17t pinion it surprised me by how quick it is. I have an 18t I’m going to throw in to reduce the torque a bit more and tighten up the mesh, which is a touch loose with the 17t.

What kind of steel gears? Do you mean Integy? I’ve looked at those but didn’t want to drop a 100 bucks on them. I do have the Integy drive shafts and they work great. I also upgraded the steering rods to lightweight Traxxas turnbuckles with rpm press on heads (or whatever their called) on them that I’d gotten a year back for another project. Since they pop off on impact it saves the steering blocks.

View attachment 220463

View attachment 220464

View attachment 220466

View attachment 220468

So what did you do with your mini infraction?

Yeah, I meant Integy. I think I got them for around $70 on eBay. The Infraction is essentially running Vendetta electronics right now. I'll throw something else in it and try to break 100 when I get back around to it, but right now my crawlers have all of my attention.

20220120_102739.jpg
20220120_102747.jpg
20220120_102754.jpg
20220120_102813.jpg

Yeah, I meant Integy. I think I got them for around $70 on eBay. The Infraction is essentially running Vendetta electronics right now. I'll throw something else in it and try to break 100 when I get back around to it, but right now my crawlers have all of my attention.

View attachment 220469View attachment 220470View attachment 220471View attachment 220472
Sweet! I put a new vorteks esc (warrenty), stock 3s motor with Jim’s bearings and 18t pinion. I like the hoons elevens, looking at those for mine. You opened up the tailgate for air flow? Nice wing also. I got a sheet of HDPE to make a wing once the stock one is trashed. Thanks for sharing man!

Sweet! I put a new vorteks esc (warrenty), stock 3s motor with Jim’s bearings and 18t pinion. I like the hoons elevens, looking at those for mine. You opened up the tailgate for air flow? Nice wing also. I got a sheet of HDPE to make a wing once the stock one is trashed. Thanks for sharing man!
Yeah, this is kind of a test body, and I haven't taken this Infraction up fast enough to really see if it makes a difference or not, but the idea is to let as much air out as possible so it's not trapped under the body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back