Granite Voltage chewing spur gears.. upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap.....a $36.00 spur gear that costs 36% of the price of the the whole Granite Voltage rig. ($100.):sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:(n)
OMG. For a gear???
Something wrong with this picture. The Granite Voltage, the gear (Integy), or both.🤷‍♂️ IDK.:(
I would rather buy a few stockers at $5./each, and try some dry lube on the spur gear, grease on the input gear maintain it better and/or rethink why you are chewing the spur or input gear(s). User error perhaps??? IDK.
This rig is not a basher. Don't expect it to become one. It is basically a light duty stadium truck at $100. price point.
You could buy 7 stockers for the price of 1 Integy.

SPUR GEAR (93T, 48DP) (AR310764) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Last edited:
Holy crap.....a $36.00 spur gear that costs 36% of the price of the the whole Granite Voltage rig. ($100.):sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:(n)
OMG. For a gear???
Something wrong with this picture. The Granite Voltage, the gear (Integy), or both.🤷‍♂️ IDK.:(
I would rather buy a few stockers at $5./each, and try some dry lube on the spur gear, grease on the input gear maintain it better and/or rethink why you are chewing the spur or input gear(s). User error perhaps??? IDK.
This rig is not a basher. Don't expect it to become one. It is basically a light duty stadium truck at $100. price point.
You could buy 7 stockers for the price of 1 Integy.

SPUR GEAR (93T, 48DP) (AR310764) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)
Do you have a model you recommend for around $300 that has cheap replacement parts? I was playing with the Granite Voltage today and it stripped the spur gear and the idler gear. Searched online they're not in stock. I think it's time to upgrade to a better car.

^^^ Yeah the Voltage Line is bye bye. Old goods. Some still floating around new for sale. HH was still blowing out new old stock around the Holidays. Not truly Hobby grade or practical IMHO.
You need to get into the 4x4 3s line at the Very least. Part support is adequate. But still not my pick. I find that many 4x4 parts, whether OE or upgrade brand parts cost as much if not more than 6s line parts.
I feel you need to invest more $$ to have a true Hobby grade rig. And the Arrma 6s line is a good place to start. It is mainstream, mature and has plenty of aftermarket support as well.
The best bang for the buck will easily cost between $400-$600. Seems no getting around this. But you will reap more fun for the $$ spent and is future proof in the long run, if you are all in to the Surface RC hobby.
The RTR Typhon is probably the lowest priced 6s rig by a few dollars. Maybe a good place to start. The Notorious was on Sale a while back. Look for sales and discount coupons. Be patient and wait it out to find what fits your wallet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back