voltage cut issue, i think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Chap82

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
so i have been experiencing a weird issue with my Typhon 6s v4 while doing speed runs. if my math is correct the buggy is geared to run in the area of 118mph, i am running a single 6s 5200mah 50c lipo on the stock BLx185 electronics. the buggy will accelerate and be fine in the early part of the run, it will get mid way through the run and peak in the mid to high 90’s, fastest recorded speed i’ve reached is 97mph. it will shut down, sometimes i can still use brakes and steering other times i have nothing, my question is do i need a higher C rating lipo, higher MAH rating, combo of both? i want to keep the electronics original for now, until something goes up in smoke anyway.

thanks in advance, justin

In general, yes you need more battery. But, it’s been well known the 6S rigs can only hit about what you’ve seen so far. None have hit 100mph+ without a new ESC. The motor is supposedly good up to about 120mph. Past that you’re looking at a pro level motor and ESC. Best ESC right now is the Castle XLX, but the MMX8S is possibly as good with some great features. It’s brand new and hard to find one at the moment. I have one on preorder and hope to see it in early June. ??‍♂️

so i have been experiencing a weird issue with my Typhon 6s v4 while doing speed runs. if my math is correct the buggy is geared to run in the area of 118mph, i am running a single 6s 5200mah 50c lipo on the stock BLx185 electronics. the buggy will accelerate and be fine in the early part of the run, it will get mid way through the run and peak in the mid to high 90’s, fastest recorded speed i’ve reached is 97mph. it will shut down, sometimes i can still use brakes and steering other times i have nothing, my question is do i need a higher C rating lipo, higher MAH rating, combo of both? i want to keep the electronics original for now, until something goes up in smoke anyway.

thanks in advance, justin

Most likely the sustained high current demand incurred when doing speed runs is more than the battery can provide resulting in voltage drop and the LVC is kicking in. There is a real good chance that your battery is nowhere near the advertised 50 c discharge rating. These battery packagers lie like a rug.

Most likely the sustained high current demand incurred when doing speed runs is more than the battery can provide resulting in voltage drop and the LVC is kicking in. There is a real good chance that your battery is nowhere near the advertised 50 c discharge rating. These battery packagers lie like a rug.

any specific battery you recomend. i see many speed run guys praising the CNHL ones

any specific battery you recomend. i see many speed run guys praising the CNHL ones
China hobby are supposedly right up there with the long time champ, the Turnigy Graphene. I went from an SMC True Premium to a Turnigy Graphene and gained 7mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back