Granite Voltage Fan mount and equivalent brushless motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graushwein

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, first time posting here!

Currently, the brushed motor gets too hot after running a single battery. (Too hot to touch for 3 seconds.) Can anyone recommend a fan/mount method that will work on it, live above the motor blowing down?

Secondly, I know that the brushed motor will eventually wear itself out. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a brushless motor that is roughly equivalent to the stock brushed one. I've done tons of research and found that everyone who "Upgrades" to a faster/bigger motor always starts stripping gears and other troublesome things due to the fact that the rest of the car isn't built to withstand that much stress. So I'm looking for more of a side-grade brushless motor option. Something that will fit and offer about as much power/speed as the stock brushless so that I don't have to replace everything else due to a stronger motor. (I can find an esc/rx on my own if needed.)

Thanks in advance for whatever help you offer!

Here’s how it looks. The screw are only to hold the cover

C26549D3-D578-462C-BC71-C8024CD7C267.jpeg

Does anyone know what kind of brushless motor would be equivalently powered to the stock motor? (I don't understand enough about brushed versus KV/Turns, and what pinion tooth count to use.)

What lipo size you plan on or anticipate using? That will determine what Kv you will want best. The rest is proper gearing.

2S (7.4v nominal) will determine what kv motor you need. (BLX) If you shoot too high in Kv's, you will have very little torque range.
3500-4000kv is probably the range you would want. ( with 1/10 36mm motor) Then dial in the gearing from there.. (pinion/spur combination)
7.4v x kv =motor Rpms. Every motor has their own sweet spot for Rpms vs torque. Weight of your rig is an iportant factor factor. Also whether Off road vs On road.
Just some food for thought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back