Voltage Hobbies VS Hot Racing wing mount brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Hi looking for opinions on the Voltage Hobbies VS Hot Racing wing mount brace.
Voltagehobbies is twice the price... Just curious if the $14 HR part will do because I heard that part takes a beating during landings

Last edited:
Voltage Hobbies is machined out of 7075 aluminum and is completely solid.
I think the Hot Racing one is cast out of 6065 aluminum(just from the looks of the design it doesn't look like it is machined) and is not completely solid.
The Voltage Hobbies mount will weigh more than the Hot Racing one.
Either one will make a good upgrade.

Voltage Hobbies is machined out of 7075 aluminum and is completely solid.
I think the Hot Racing one is cast out of 6065 aluminum(just from the looks of the design it doesn't look like it is machined) and is not completely solid.
The Voltage Hobbies mount will weigh more than the Hot Racing one.
Either one will make a good upgrade.
Thanks and ya I knew the quality was night and day but sometimes it's not necessary to have the strongest stuff. Maybe I'll roll the dice on the HR and keep stock as back up. If anything happens I would never buy from them again.
I wasn't sure if anyone had any issues with the HR wing mount before

Idk I have never broken one of those things, I probably have 5 of them laying around.

Either one would work the voltage is better for sure. The only issue with those are the screws become stripped. Those stops would work excellent if you have a hr bulk case.

I’ve broken 2 stock ones now I have the voltage one with stripped screws holding it down

I’ve broken 2 stock ones now I have the voltage one with stripped screws holding it down
I don't get it I have broken so many parts on this thing, but I am still running the stock wing stop, turnbuckles and steering bellcrank somehow.

Surprisingly have only broken a hand full of links on my rc cars, one steering link on the Tyhpon 3s one rear Traxxas camber link on my Ecx Ruckus and almost all of the GPM aluminum turnbuckles for my Merv.

I don't but I can assure you that the Voltage mount is the heaviest.

Considering the part, the HR one is probably tough enough. It's such a compact part that it won't likely bend even if it was 6061. Well, without a hammer.

I have the VR one on mine. I added it to the cart when I ordered their front upper/rear hinge pin holder as I broke my stock holder and that wing support... and front bulkhead/diff case and front chassis brace. Was a bad hit. lol!

Does anyone know the weights of these two mounts?
Voltage mount's definitely heavier.. I got the Hot Racing one a few months ago only because the Voltage racing one wasn't in stock. The Hot Racing one is 8.3 grams.

Attachments

• 20190415_173356.jpg
    20190415_173356.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 51
Voltage mount's definitely heavier.. I got the Hot Racing one a few months ago only because the Voltage racing one wasn't in stock. The Hot Racing one is 8.3 grams.
Gka wing brace weighs 13 grams according to Greg from gka. I think if stock goes I'm getting the HR

Are you guys really concerned over a few ounces? ?
Well someone here mentioned to me to watch my weight ?
I just don't want to make it a pig so If the part doesn't usually break I'll just replace it with stock. Otherwise I'm going for the lightest stuff because it's cheaper and the weight savings add crazy hp! ?
Seriously if it's not a part that takes a beating I'm going cheap and light.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back