Voltage Hobbies. Where are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coconuts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 6s
Dose anyone know what's going on with Voltage Hobbies?

I ordered front and rear chassis braces and their servo mount for my V4 kraton on the 8/11 and haven't heard anything from them other than the receipt.

I've emailed them 3 times with no response.
No tracking number, no confirmation the the order has been filled, nothing.

Is this normal for V.H.?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jake.

I ordered front and rear chassis braces and their servo mount for my V4 kraton on the 8/11 and haven't heard anything from them other than the receipt.

Is this normal for V.H.?

Jake.
They are usually awesome about responding and shipping I do believe he does all the work himself so maybe some family emergency or something don't quote me on that but last 4 years I have purchased anything he sends a hand written thank you note

Is this normal for V.H.?

Jake.
You were charged? If so, open a dispute with the cc company or PayPal.

Well, I hope everything is okay with them and I'm not in a massive hurry but a little communication would be nice.

I don't think I'm ready to open a cc dispute quite yet. I'll give it until mid week and then I'm going to have to do something.

Thanks for the advice.

I haven't gotten a response from him in about 4 months, but if I order something that's in stock it gets here pretty quick.

I agree, if you were charged then file a dispute with the company you paid with, but I'm not sure they will do anything yet. They usually have to wait a certain amount of time, I'm not sure what that is but it's probably more than 5 business days. Definitely get the process started tho.
Nothing like a pay dispute to get a vendor moving.

Kind of on a side note, didn't someone predict this to be the next step if Voltage was getting ready to be done? Keep in mind it's only been 5 days but if it goes on...

I definitely will open a dispute if I don't receive my products by mid week but I hate to start that today as I really just want the items.

I was kinda hoping someone here would have some insite or a way of contacting VH and let them know what's up.

@richduperbash...

I ordered a servo mount from them on Thursday and had a tracking number by Friday and it's on its way.

I ordered a servo mount from them on Thursday and had a tracking number by Friday and it's on its way.
Well, apparently I pissed of the rc gods.

I've always got what I ordered. Some people have had issues with Voltage lately. It's a one man shop and maby just overwhelmed to keep up, just don't know. I would only order what's in stock at time of order if it was me. I say just be patient and you should get your stuff. Kenny is a nice guy and I don't see him ripping anyone off!

I've always got what I ordered. Some people have had issues with Voltage lately. It's a one man shop and maby just overwhelmed to keep up, just don't know. I would only order what's in stock at time of order if it was me. I say just be patient and you should get your stuff. Kenny is a nice guy and I don't see him ripping anyone off!
I'm sure Kenny isn't ripping me off. Everything I ordered is in stock.

Like I said, I'm okay if I have to wait. It would just be nice if they would at least communicate with me.

This is from their website support page which I've now left 4 emails and messages them through their Facebook page.

"we offer WORLD CLASS customer service. You will be very impressed; We're fast at responding and we always try our best to make the situation or issue right. It's truly one of the best reasons to shop at Voltage Hobbies!"

@bicketybam said Ken had lost his manufacturer. If you've ever seen a pic when Ken got a batch of say suspension mounts, it would be like a cardboard soda flat with rows and rows of them in it. I don't know how long CNC takes but I remember thinking it was too many for just one guy with one machine.

From what I understand, Ken designs the parts and then sends them out to the machine shop. Then again I could be full of poop and that's what I get for listening to people.

Like I said, I'm okay if I have to wait. It would just be nice if they would at least communicate with me.

This is from their website support page which I've now left 4 emails and messages them through their Facebook page.

"we offer WORLD CLASS customer service. You will be very impressed; We're fast at responding and we always try our best to make the situation or issue right. It's truly one of the best reasons to shop at Voltage Hobbies!"

One time I messaged him about when a part would be available, It was late I think like 11pm on a Saturday. I got a message back within the hour saying he just got more in and was going to update the site on Monday. Sunday he sent another e-mail saying he just got done updating the site. It really was world class service.

@bicketybam said Ken had lost his manufacturer. If you've ever seen a pic when Ken got a batch of say suspension mounts, it would be like a cardboard soda flat with rows and rows of them in it. I don't know how long CNC takes but I remember thinking it was too many for just one guy with one machine.

From what I understand, Ken designs the parts and then sends them out to the machine shop. Then again I could be full of poop and that's what I get for listening to people.
Yeah, that kind of makes sense, Ive always wondered how one person could keep up with everything. Who's to know for sure unless your in the loop.

Yeah Man, they have really dropped the ball.
Earlier this year when I ordered my stuff, it wasn't this way. Something terribly is wrong there, Ken is ruining his name and reputation by not communicating with his customer's. Hope they get things sorted out because they make outstanding products, the best IMO!

Last edited:
Well, thanks again for all the insight from everyone.

I was kinda hoping he or someone he knows would see this thread and he would reach out to me with an update.

I'm sure it will all work out. Just bumbed it's going the way it is.

One time I messaged him about when a part would be available, It was late I think like 11pm on a Saturday. I got a message back within the hour saying he just got more in and was going to update the site on Monday. Sunday he sent another e-mail saying he just got done updating the site. It really was world class service.
Maybe it's not meant for me to have Voltage Hobbies gear. Lol.

Ask him for an update on this order and see what he says. #1483745571

I guess the main reason I had concerns is I ordered my m2c chassis the same date and time as the VH gear and the m2c gear showed up in 3 days and they sent me updates along the way.

The m2c process is what I'm used to when ordering anything.

But no problem. Parts are here and all is well.

Is this normal for V.H.?

Jake.
They had some personal stuff going on, but are currently working on getting stuff back in stock along with some new parts as well. There will be announcements made on facebook.
Current orders are going out as normal (I’ve bought and received a number of things over the past month).

Below is the message posted on facebook a few weeks ago:
A4BD9B3F-71D3-431F-98DC-0108CE776E4D.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back