Granite voltage metal suspension upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkenrc77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210927-102234_Chrome.jpg
has anybody used this before??

Definitely some Bling if that is what you are looking for. (y) I could think of better things to do with $150.
Great for a shelf queen display.
With bashing, may not be the best alternatve. You will probably break most of the related plastics they will be attached to if you don't bend the alloy. Some of the parts may benefit you. Like the C hubs, F/R hubs and turn buckles. I would not go alloy arms.
The white plastic sleeving that some of these parts have ( rotating points, at the hinge pins, hubs etc.) will wear out and could crack.
I don't believe they can be separately purchased as replacements.(n)
There are pros and cons. Only you can decide. Your wallet.
Good luck.
Just my spin.

Definitely some Bling if that is what you are looking for. (y) I could think of better things to do with $150.
Great for a shelf queen display.
With bashing, may not be the best alternatve. You will probably break most of the related plastics they will be attached to if you don't bend the alloy. Some of the parts may benefit you. Like the C hubs, F/R hubs and turn buckles. I would not go alloy arms.
The white plastic sleeving that some of these parts have ( rotating points, at the hinge pins, hubs etc.) will wear out and could crack.
I don't believe they can be separately purchased as replacements.(n)
There are pros and cons. Only you can decide. Your wallet.
Good luck.
Just my spin.

Yeah, it depends on what you use it for. The Voltage doesn't make enough power to justify 99% of those parts, and then there's the whole spending $150 on a $100 RC aspect.

That aside, I've found aluminum arms great for stability on speed runs, and for a dirt track racer I have that doesn't see many jumps or serious collisions. That said, I don't know that it's a significant enough improvement to justify the cost...if they get damaged, I probably won't spend the money again. For a basher or something that's gonna get abused more, plastic is better because it'll give, and the aluminum will break lead to chassis or shock tower damage in a lot of cases. I do like aluminum hubs...I run GPM hubs on several bashers as well as my track trucks and haven't had any issues at all with them.

Yeah, it depends on what you use it for. The Voltage doesn't make enough power to justify 99% of those parts, and then there's the whole spending $150 on a $100 RC aspect.

That aside, I've found aluminum arms great for stability on speed runs, and for a dirt track racer I have that doesn't see many jumps or serious collisions. That said, I don't know that it's a significant enough improvement to justify the cost...if they get damaged, I probably won't spend the money again. For a basher or something that's gonna get abused more, plastic is better because it'll give, and the aluminum will break lead to chassis or shock tower damage in a lot of cases. I do like aluminum hubs...I run GPM hubs on several bashers as well as my track trucks and haven't had any issues at all with them.
SCX24…. You can easily spend the same amount as what you paid with an SCX24.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back