Granite Voltage Series Diff Outdrive Issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looking for a solution, I bought metal hubs but I'm worried they will snap the axel.. so put in another set of plastic.. all in al it's been months and I have only had 2 spin. so not a major problem, but it does end your day. let me know if this fixes it.

That's inexcusable. Arrma should cover this issue under warranty, especially considering it's practically brand new. It's a real pain to access the diff internals. The chassis needs to be split in half to get in there.
My rc is grinding only when no hammer on the gas.could u help me?

I contacted Arrma and they are sending a differential as well. Now I'll have a backup for the boy. He doesn't do much driving at anything other than full throttle, so we're bound to destroy another one soon.
Wt broke on ur truck?mines grinding but it sounds like its in the tranny?

I'm confirming that:
1) yes, Arrma really needs to step up their game with this failing part (mine failed 10 minutes out of the box bashing on LiPo) and
2) the following Losi part is a good metal replacement for the crappy plastic diff outdrive. Just installed it on my Voltage, and all is well. No need to modify anything.

Team Losi 8IGHT 3.0 . 4.0 Center Coupler Outdrive; Part 242003.

Today i drilled a stripped outdrive using 2.5mm drill bit then tapped hole to 3mm. 3mm crub screw fitted. Holes are drilled through the flat spot on the outdrive on both ends. Hoping this will add some "bite" to the flat area of the outdrive. Testing to be done. Will revert. See attached pictures.

So, how did the grub screw idea work out?

I'm confirming that:
1) yes, Arrma really needs to step up their game with this failing part (mine failed 10 minutes out of the box bashing on LiPo) and
2) the following Losi part is a good metal replacement for the crappy plastic diff outdrive. Just installed it on my Voltage, and all is well. No need to modify anything.

Team Losi 8IGHT 3.0 . 4.0 Center Coupler Outdrive; Part 242003.

Seems like a solid fix for the problem, aside from them costing $15.99 each. I suppose that's not terrible, but the entire RTR kit only runs a hundred bucks!

Would not recommend the SWX-330661 replacement. This happened on 2 different trucks within 15 minutes of each other. Each on the right rear drive side.
Broken.jpg

Would not recommend the SWX-330661 replacement. This happened on 2 different trucks within 15 minutes of each other. Each on the right rear drive side.View attachment 39986

Wow, that's surprising. I wouldn't have expected that kind if failure, given those are 1/8 scale steel components, right?

Wow! That’s crazy! I’ve been running those parts on my voltage for a couple months now and mine are still fine...and I’m running on 3S brushless. I just went to check and I don’t see any cracks or anything on mine. I’ve even been running it in the sand with paddle tires this week since I’m on vacation and have a beach to play with. Been jumping off dunes and keeping the throttle pinned for the landing, plus other stuff you aren’t supposed to do.

I guess maybe you should try the arrma Kraton outdrives. They were the biggest, beefiest ones I found that fit. Also, maybe check your diff and make sure it is still spinning freely?

Wow! That’s crazy! I’ve been running those parts on my voltage for a couple months now and mine are still fine...and I’m running on 3S brushless. I just went to check and I don’t see any cracks or anything on mine. I’ve even been running it in the sand with paddle tires this week since I’m on vacation and have a beach to play with. Been jumping off dunes and keeping the throttle pinned for the landing, plus other stuff you aren’t supposed to do.

I guess maybe you should try the arrma Kraton outdrives. They were the biggest, beefiest ones I found that fit. Also, maybe check your diff and make sure it is still spinning freely?

Kraton outdrives are ordered. These were broke with stock everything using a 2s battery. Put the plastic outdrives back in for now and everything works perfect.

Wait...you broke these but NOT the stock plastic ones??? That makes no sense at all.
Well, technically I'm one for one now. I stripped one plastic out before switching to the metal ones. The plastic ones, however, have held up longer than the metal ones did. My brother broke the 2nd metal outdrive. We weren't jumping or beating the trucks and it happened both times driving through my somewhat bumpy lawn.

Put the SWX-330661 on my sons voltage been holding up good as well. My question is when I ordered the part got the last set and now they are back ordered everywhere. So I need another set for my daughters truck. Has anybody tried the SWX-330661A with the 5mm set screw? Will it fit ok?

Well, technically I'm one for one now. I stripped one plastic out before switching to the metal ones. The plastic ones, however, have held up longer than the metal ones did. My brother broke the 2nd metal outdrive. We weren't jumping or beating the trucks and it happened both times driving through my somewhat bumpy lawn.
Theres no way you broke the metal outdrive upgrade unless you upgraded to brushless or maybe the grub screw just fell out?
Put the SWX-330661 on my sons voltage been holding up good as well. My question is when I ordered the part got the last set and now they are back ordered everywhere. So I need another set for my daughters truck. Has anybody tried the SWX-330661A with the 5mm set screw? Will it fit ok?
I have 1 SWX-330661A on my voltage and it works just fine just locktight the grub screw, also i only have 1 because thats all they had in stock so one side is the that and other side is a Team Losi Racing 242003 Coupler Outdrive part number TLR242003
works great too

Last edited:
Both sets had the grub screw still and both were broke in stock brushed trucks. We were running 2s lipo batteries.

Wow that's crazy!

I know, right?!

FWIW, I took my 3s Voltage on vacation with me recently with a set of paddle tires and ran it around on a sandy beach once or twice a day. It got covered in sand and saltwater, and the outdrives are covered in surface rust now...but they are still intact. It was pulling wheelies and landing jumps full throttle the whole time on 3S brushless, and the outdrives are still in one piece. I don't know what caused Macgi77's problems, but I feel like the parts he got must have had some defects. It's possible the SWX-330661's have quality control issues, but our sample size is still pretty small. Regardless, the more of us that post what is working and what is blowing up, the better it is for everyone.

I was thinking the same thing. I got my outdrives right when they came back in stock from being backordered. Maybe the initial batch was faulty.

Well, add another one to the list. My 11 year old daughter broke this one. 3 breaks, all the right rear outdrive, all on 3 different stock trucks using 2s batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back