Granite Voltage Series Diff Outdrive Issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back on FB, I saw someone talking about using the diff input cups from the BLX6s cars as replacements for the Voltage diff output cups - has anyone here tried this?

I shredded one of my diff cups too on a Fazon Voltage. it was a couple days after switching over from the stock batteries to a 2s lipo. I also put in a Arrma 15t brushed motor. Just those two changes made it like a totally different RC! It is fast and Powerful now. I switch back and forth between the stock pinion which I think is 16 tooth, and the 25 tooth pinion.
I haven't had any more problems with my diff cups since I replaced the one a couple months ago.

I have also played around with lowering it and raising it back up. Tire and rim changes too

Attachments

• IMG_20181031_090139.jpg
    IMG_20181031_090139.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20181030_210505.jpg
    IMG_20181030_210505.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 42
I got the differentials in the mail yesterday and they were binding, hard. Thought maybe the grease was just super thick because of the cold so went ahead with the install but the truck wouldn't run it. Pulled it back apart, opened the diff, and one of the gears was rubbing the internal housing. Out the new gears in the old housing and viola! Truck runs great.

Ok sooooo, I got my box of Arrma goodies today for my Granite. I installed the spur gear and ran it on 2 lion batteries I went 5 minutes and I stripped another one. I was inside on the living room carpet an not back flipping it. So i took it apart again and installed another spur gear. I purchased 3 sun gears, 4 outdrive cups, and 3 spur gears. This time I noticed that the 2 screws that hold the motor in place were pretty lose. This might be something to keep an eye one. I will have to get some locktite.

Everything else on the truck seems solid. I am going to try drilling my next set of Drivecups and adding a grub screw that will apply some pressure to the flat part of the metal spline. It might be tossing $5 out the window but I am willing to try anything at this point.

I was wandering if this worked or not?

Just wondering, for an R/C newbie like me, the outdrive cups are Arrma part #AR31082, right? This seems to be the thing that everyone strips out?

It's #AR310862.
I'll say that again, my Fazon was upgraded to brushless, which more than doubled the top speed, and yet for 2 months now i havnt broke a single one.. but others break one in minutes.

It seems like a batch of trucks went out recently with really soft compound diff cups. Seeing a lot of failures lately. Some within the first few minutes of driving for the first time.

It's #AR310862.
I'll say that again, my Fazon was upgraded to brushless, which more than doubled the top speed, and yet for 2 months now i havnt broke a single one.. but others break one in minutes.

Thanks for the correction!

Although Im tempted to see if the metal ones K4L4M1TY mentioned will work without a mod.

Will they fit without modifications? Which HPI truck are the ones you're using from?
I'd say it's these ones from the vorza flux.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-5x13x20mm-differential-pinion-gear-drive-cup-hpi103663/p158699

I originally was going to get the ones from a blx 6s as i have a kraton and outcast already but my shop only had the hpi ones, not sure if there's any size difference between the brands.

20190104_153621.jpg

They are pretty snug fit at normal ride height so i had to make sure i got them as close to the chassis/diff as possible without binding up. If i wanted to i could probably shave a mm off the back of them to fit easier but so far so good. I don't drive it as much these days having a kraton and outcast haha.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-5x13x20mm-differential-pinion-gear-drive-cup-hpi103663/p158699

I originally was going to get the ones from a blx 6s as i have a kraton and outcast already but my shop only had the hpi ones, not sure if there's any size difference between the brands.

View attachment 26523

They are pretty snug fit at normal ride height so i had to make sure i got them as close to the chassis/diff as possible without binding up. If i wanted to i could probably shave a mm off the back of them to fit easier but so far so good. I don't drive it as much these days having a kraton and outcast haha.
Very nice!

View attachment 26523

What Shocks U got there?

Hi.
New here with voltage and I just stripped my diff outdrive.
I was wandering if a complete rear drive shaft for traxxas stampede vxl could fit the voltage. there are many aluminum replacements available on ebay and aliexpress. I am just trying to figure out their measurements.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...eavy-Duty-CVD-For-1-10-Slash/32518192930.html
Stamped exploded view
Voltage exploded view

Stampede vxl axles are 5mm while voltage is 6mm on the inner side and 5 on the outer.
Replacing the inner bearing from 6x11x4 to 5x11x4 (the ones in stampede) can adopt the axle shaft to voltage hubs.
Overall length also seems similar. 5mm diff outdrive diameter.

The only measurement I cannot find is the distance of the 2 mm pin in the axle to the base of the axle. if it is longer than voltage axle it can be shimmed, however shorter distance will not work.

Does anyone have a stamped vxl axle laying around and check for fit? or alternatively measure the distance of the 2 mm pin from the base of the axle?

Liran.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back