Granite Voltage wheels and tires???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEPISTONHEAD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Tried to search and got more confused...... Are the voltage hubs 12mm?

What wheel tire combo are you guys running with stock power? Any Amazon specials that work well for dirt?

Thanks!

What wheel tire combo are you guys running with stock power? Any Amazon specials that work well for dirt?

Thanks!

Hello

When I look at the manual and at the tires:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...cb9/Manuals/ARA102727-Exploded-View-MULTI.pdf

Look up the part number for the tire on Amain, I see 12mm hex tire. So the hex is 12mm not 14mm.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-....0-premounted-tires-black-2-ara550014/p661281

Thanks!
Yes the 2wd brushed voltage hex are plastic and 12mm.
Stay with light wheels.

The plastic hexes that came on my 2 Granite Voltages were both 14mm. I recently changed the rear hexes to metal 12mm ones and put a pair of Duratax Hatchets on the rear of each (got them for a steal on Amazon as an open boxed item, they were brand new but less than half price).

12mm hex.

I would highly recommend sticking with the stock tires and wheels. They are super light and have enough slippage.

The voltage drivetrain is weak and starts to fail with heavier and grippier tires.

These tires worked great on my voltage and looked good. The plastic wheels however are fairly weak. I taught myself how to remove old tires when I took a set of these and put them on voltage rims (they come unglued fortunately). Removing the old tires really sucked but after a lot of hard work I finally got the rubber off the rim. They worked great.

The tires are a touch smaller than stock so I was able to gear up a couple teeth. I found with the voltage, in order to save the differential, by reducing the punch on the ESC and using a 19t pinion (along with light weight, low traction tires) it reduced the torque from initial acceleration and kept the differential from breaking, while at the same time producing decent speed.

EC775E80-E567-4565-B2D9-AFEA13E7D103.png

This is why I posted this......I was confused reading previous threads! Still confused....LOL!!!
Nothing to be confused about buddy, they are 12 mm. All stock voltage tires are 12 mm so I’m not sure what happened with that one guy’s hex Or how the stock tires even fit

Here are the stock tires. They have them on Amazon. As you can see they are 12 mm hex. These are honestly to best tires to use on the voltage. The perfect combination of lightweight and low traction which will avoid damaging the drivetrain.

93C65B9D-EEF6-4ABA-8175-161DC7F61E52.png

How long ago did you get it? Mine has 14mm, got it last year.
Post a quick photo, I’m curious. Stock voltage tires are 12 mm. So I’m not sure how you ended up with 14 mm hex or how they even fit the stock tires…

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that you are measuring corner to corner instead of edge to edge.

They are 12mm hexes.

Tbh I didn't measure before, I just assumed they were 14mm given the fitment issue I had with some wheels. I picked up some 12mm hex Duratrax wheels and the original hexes would not fit at all. I ended up getting some 12mm metal hexes and the wheels fit after that.

Fast forward to now, I just went out and measured both the metal and plastic hexes, the metal ones are bang on 12mm and the plastic are over 12mm. I guess the hex in the Duratrax is on the tighter side of 12mm which is why my plastic ones weren't fitting.

Tbh I didn't measure before, I just assumed they were 14mm given the fitment issue I had with some wheels. I picked up some 12mm hex Duratrax wheels and the original hexes would not fit at all. I ended up getting some 12mm metal hexes and the wheels fit after that.

Fast forward to now, I just went out and measured both the metal and plastic hexes, the metal ones are bang on 12mm and the plastic are over 12mm. I guess the hex in the Duratrax is on the tighter side of 12mm which is why my plastic ones weren't fitting.
That makes sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back