Vorteks Vorteks and the clicking sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletRCs_NZ

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vorteks
So I got my Vorteks today and have run a couple of batteries through it. I had heard about the clicking sound and motor issues from YouTubers CCxRC and so on.

And now Earl Moorhead has posted a breakdown of the gear mesh and slipper assembly and found an issue. I'm wondering if this is a quality control issue because my Vorteks seems very quiet with out any clicking that I've noticed.

His issue is different from the clicking. It was certainly a problem but creates a different, non uniform sound. Hard to explain in text.

I've not seen one that doesn't have the distinctive clicking sound. Mine certainly has it but I've not had any issues with heat or otherwise.

It's not coming from the front or rear diffs as I removed the motor module and the sound is not present in the car itself. So it's either the motor, a bearing or the drive shaft perhaps?

Could it be the slipper rubbing on the inside of the power module? It was already happening on the previous 3S models, without clicking, but I'd check this as a possible source of the clicking on the Vorteks.

I've run my Vorteks this morning and can't hear anything that sounds like an issue. The thing that gets me with this truck is its so damn quiet!

Hopefully it will stay solid. My BR has except some rear diff issues. The Vorteks is such a nice vehicle to drive.

So I got my Vorteks today and have run a couple of batteries through it. I had heard about the clicking sound and motor issues from YouTubers CCxRC and so on.

And now Earl Moorhead has posted a breakdown of the gear mesh and slipper assembly and found an issue. I'm wondering if this is a quality control issue because my Vorteks seems very quiet with out any clicking that I've noticed.

There was a slight noise when I first got mine. But after the first intro run I opened the spur box and sanded it and shaved inside where there was any kind of contact. Had to do a good bit of sanding I remember. Also shemed it. It sounds fine ever since.

I think all new Arrma 3s vehicles click out of the box. My Senton did but the mesh was tighter than a Scotsmans wallet. Changed the gearing on it today and got the mesh perfect. It still clicks but not as much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back