Vorteks Vorteks boost pinion size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony2toes

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello , first time posting on here . I purchased myself a Senton blx and my son a maverick phantom for Christmas. The Senton it’s insane even on 2s the maverick fell to bits and did not hold up well . I have just ordered a vorteks 2x4 boost to replace his phantom. My question is can I change the pinion size on the vorteks boost to squeeze a little more top speed out of it ? It will be running on 2s . I believe stock is 15t and Arrma list a 17t as an upgrade part . Would 2 teeth make much difference?

Stock pinion is 15t yes. 48dp gears are pretty hard to find. My Senton mega had a 17t on it and I wanted to squeeze a little more top speed with a 19t one. Searched for a while eventually found one and when I tried to run it, My motor caught fire. Those motors are on their limits. Would be better just getting brushless later on. I've upgraded to 3s and now to 4s since my 3s motor is gone also.
Hello , first time posting on here . I purchased myself a Senton blx and my son a maverick phantom for Christmas. The Senton it’s insane even on 2s the maverick fell to bits and did not hold up well . I have just ordered a vorteks 2x4 boost to replace his phantom. My question is can I change the pinion size on the vorteks boost to squeeze a little more top speed out of it ? It will be running on 2s . I believe stock is 15t and Arrma list a 17t as an upgrade part . Would 2 teeth make much difference?

That’s interesting to know . Best to leave it stock then . I think Arrma shouldn’t advertise on the box that it’s capable of 30mph+ with optimal gearing if the motors going to catch fire lol . My lad is only 12 so should be plenty fast enough as is out the box . Thanks for the info

That’s interesting to know . Best to leave it stock then . I think Arrma shouldn’t advertise on the box that it’s capable of 30mph+ with optimal gearing if the motors going to catch fire lol . My lad is only 12 so should be plenty fast enough as is out the box . Thanks for the info
Mine didn't say optimal gearing. It said with the 2s lipo. Still didn't reach it. Those motors are good just for starters or children.

I put a 17tooth on my boost, it ran absolutely fine and gave me a little more top end, but then I installed the 4x4 kit and didn’t really think about it until I got a whiff of burning motor,

I put a 17tooth on my boost, it ran absolutely fine and gave me a little more top end, but then I installed the 4x4 kit and didn’t really think about it until I got a whiff of burning motor,
Just ordered a 17T pinion for mine . If the motor bites the dust my plan is to convert to 2s brushless

Just ordered a 17T pinion for mine . If the motor bites the dust my plan is to convert to 2s brushless

How’s the brushed motor hanging in there? I’m in a similar position and using the Vorteks Boost as a project vehicle with my kids. Running on 2S and installed the 4x4 kit, looking to upgrade the motor and ESC in the future.

How’s the brushed motor hanging in there? I’m in a similar position and using the Vorteks Boost as a project vehicle with my kids. Running on 2S and installed the 4x4 kit, looking to upgrade the motor and ESC in the future.
It’s been fine , but we went to the bmx track yesterday and found it’s not fast enough still . My Senton blx on 2s was a good laugh . My lad on the other hand was just spinning in circles 🤣 . So we have just ordered the 4x4 upgrade kit and a slr300 rx ready for the brushless conversion. I am still deciding what brushless system to go with . I’ve seen a vid on utube of a budget 3650 3900kv 60amp esc put in a granite Mega . It increased the top speed by about 5 mph , these kits are around £35 or a good quality one like hobbywing is around £125 like the ezrun max10 sct

How’s the brushed motor hanging in there? I’m in a similar position and using the Vorteks Boost as a project vehicle with my kids. Running on 2S and installed the 4x4 kit, looking to upgrade the motor and ESC in the future
I would suggest a brushless system right when the stock motor goes out. I've tried brushed motors 3 times on my Senton. And blew just from use or too high pinion (19t). These brushed motors are on their limits and only with a bit of offroading they get he gone.

I would suggest a brushless system right when the stock motor goes out. I've tried brushed motors 3 times on my Senton. And blew just from use or too high pinion (19t). These brushed motors are on their limits and only with a bit of offroading they get he gone.
I agree 👆 as soon as I upgraded my boost with the 4x4 kit the 17 tooth pinion was just too much, the motor still runs but stinks of burning as soon as it spins and barely has any power in it,
I’m about to stick in the Hobbywing max10 140a combo with the new 3665 ezrun 3200kv motor

I'm getting ready to run a 32t pinion and a 50t spur on my typhon 3s with the stock 3200kv motor, anyone running this, any issues other than going to be bad ass??

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back