Vorteks Vorteks Boost to 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished upgrading my Boost to 3S 😉
IMG_20221209_172618.jpg

Having a blast with the 3s vorteks and looking to up my jumping skills and work up to backflips.

I noticed that air control is difficult to master but a lot of fun to play around with.

Will raising the punch setting from 3 to 4 or even 5 improve air control and make flips easier? Or should I stick with stock settings?

Having a blast with the 3s vorteks and looking to up my jumping skills and work up to backflips.

I noticed that air control is difficult to master but a lot of fun to play around with.

Will raising the punch setting from 3 to 4 or even 5 improve air control and make flips easier? Or should I stick with stock settings?
Yes, but probably it would be better to get bigger tyres. I tried to trottle the Vorteks in my hand and the pull is absolutely insane if you got bigger tyres. (Keep in mind if you tyre up, you better gear down too)

MX2.8 (maybe belted) are on the wishlist but not just yet. Currently having a blast as is

Last edited:
Did my first few backflips today on a bodgy quick and dirty diy cardboard ramp I made for our 5 year old 🙈 and learned that practicing this kind of stuff on the street tends to 'scar' the car a lot 😂🤕

IMG_20221224_192128.jpg

IMG_20221224_192111.jpg

you will need more angle and probably heavier tires. The Vorteks is not exactly a great backflipper unless you have tons of space and/or huge angle ramp. These are things I don't have here in UK so I will be practicing my backflips from the spring in grass, so no scars perhaps 😬

Btw I still stand to my thoughts and buying a 2nd rc car only for parts. Parts are ridiculously expensive if you re bashing and eventually breaking things. If you have a 2nd car and you sell the body, tires, electronics. You re pretty much even PLUS TOOOOOONS of spares for repair and replacement.

Final nail in coffin was my big tires, which need wider arms, which need some more new parts 🤦🏾‍♂️ so will be hunting a second hand Big Rock for parts

Stock setup with a 5500 60C pack

Maybe the fact that the cardboard flexes when running into the ramp helps/slightly changes the angle

Been bashing around the Vorteks a lot the past few days and man it can handle some beating 😅

Only culprits are the shock towers hitting the body and the the rear wing.

If you clip the wing in a rough/wrong landing it puts a lot of stress on the body, occasionally even bending it over. With cracks in the left and right rear taillight corners as a result.

Been bashing around the Vorteks a lot the past few days and man it can handle some beating 😅

Only culprits are the shock towers hitting the body and the the rear wing.

If you clip the wing in a rough/wrong landing it puts a lot of stress on the body, occasionally even bending it over. With cracks in the left and right rear taillight corners as a result.
heya,
did you see pics of my solution to that? you can buy A4 size foam in hobby craft shops and/or you can buy pipe insulation foam and cut it to fit your needs. you put it exactly on top of the towers, or on the boby where the towers would hit and that's it.
same with the rear of the car. otherwise, you're right, the shock towers are super sharp and will bite the body out

Yes I've seen people doing this regarding the shock mounts. The rear wing clipping is a bigger issue though 🤔

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back