Vorteks Vorteks Boost unboxing and build thread 😍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest, the Spektrum 3660 3200kv stock BLX motor isn't really that great. They seem to fail a lot. Or at least the bearings fail a lot. The Hobbywing brushless motors, Surpass Rocket motors and Hobbystar motors are much better motors than the Spektrum motors. With the Spektrum motors you are just paying for the name. They are just average and no better than the cheap Chinese brushless motors.
I'm gonna send you a spektrum motor.. I'm determined to flip your a$$!! 🤣
How many motors have you bought so far @ChriswithaC ! 😳

Hey buddy 😎, I've not cut anything out at all from the standard shell . Are you having clearance issues then buddy ????
Ye man, I constantly heard the tyres touching the body. especially if I turn with high torque and the tyres are ballooning. I already cut out a tiny bit and will continue til I feel the body is safe from the tyre.
I think its important that we fix this, because the body is strong too, if the tyre balloons up the body can do a little cut and from that point it should be straight exploded tyre 🤷‍♂️

I'm gonna send you a spektrum motor.. I'm determined to flip your a$$!! 🤣
How many motors have you bought so far @ChriswithaC ! 😳
Ummmm 3 lol , sure man I'll gladly except a spektrum motor Jesus Christ I really don't fancy anymore going pop lol 🤣
To be honest at this point I've realised it would have been a cheaper option for a BLX ha ha .
But hey ho it's a learning curve .
Ye man, I constantly heard the tyres touching the body. especially if I turn with high torque and the tyres are ballooning. I already cut out a tiny bit and will continue til I feel the body is safe from the tyre.
I think its important that we fix this, because the body is strong too, if the tyre balloons up the body can do a little cut and from that point it should be straight exploded tyre 🤷‍♂️
See that's really strange , I've only once heard it touching mind , but I'm wondering is that because I'm still 2wd , maybe raise the body slightly to help with the clearance or maybe put some typhon arms and links alround that would solve it all together and you then got the best of both worlds

Ummmm 3 lol , sure man I'll gladly except a spektrum motor Jesus Christ I really don't fancy anymore going pop lol 🤣
To be honest at this point I've realised it would have been a cheaper option for a BLX ha ha .

See that's really strange , I've only once heard it touching mind , but I'm wondering is that because I'm still 2wd , maybe raise the body slightly to help with the clearance or maybe put some typhon arms and links alround that would solve it all together and you then got the best of both worlds
Im a tiny bit reluctant to make the car wider, because in my opinion Vorteks meant to be a beast, but a small beast. So I would not want to make it wider, like the Big Rock for example. the tyres already make it look a big bigger, but that extra clearance is good btw, the car barely touches the ground and I didn't even refill the oils yet ( got some 400 and 450cSt )

Just checked now and might have a little catching .so going to take some away from the front arch later .

Just a tiny bit from front. I removed the Horizon bit of the sticker and sticked it somewhere else 😁

IMG_20221123_140732.jpg

Not gonna change my mind. I know better !!!!
Lol !!!

No I was talking to @Kla912000 .. 🤣

Wooohooo the wife's let me crack the big rock open today so just going through the car making sure everything is tip top
20221123_183937.jpg
20221123_184025.jpg
20221123_191316.jpg

And so it begins .
Last time I mention the BRCC on this post , going to keep it just for the Vorteks and what I've got planned for it , but I'm a lucky lad .
Gotta love my wife she really knows me well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back