Vorteks Vorteks Boost unboxing and build thread 😍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking the same lol 😂 well once these have worn out I'll be putting some on the Brcc as well buddy
I think we really need a size thats between the stock and this current size because this seems a bit big. I wonder how would the Big Rock ones work on the Vorteks, because the Big Rock would be happy take the Vorteks boots :D
btw, I installed the servo. it was helluva fight, gotta recalibrate tomorrow cuz smth might be wrong, its zizzing for now and sometimes it lags.

hey @ChriswithaC,
I have a question. How your battery life looks like after the big tyres? I just got back from a 2x 5 min run because that's how much the battery lasted in the wet grass :S
I've not noticed any difference buddy , that's odd I'm getting about 25/30 mins with my zees there 100c 5200mah 3s

Although I'll be honest I haven't run them in grass yet mind . Was the car spinning alot ????
I can understand slightly less battery run time with the wheels but as low as yours were buddy that's confusing.
I posted in another new thread. I was lucky I had the skyrc gps on, which recorded my runs. I ve done a total of ~10k feet or 3km with 2 batteries. This was also on full throttle because I was in a huge big park at 4, when there was no one else

I posted in another new thread. I was lucky I had the skyrc gps on, which recorded my runs. I ve done a total of ~10k feet or 3km with 2 batteries. This was also on full throttle because I was in a huge big park at 4, when there was no one else
I've just been out with mine and in wet grassy and gravel conditions 30 mins buddy .
20221127_150935.jpg
20221127_151957.jpg

I've just been out with mine and in wet grassy and gravel conditions 30 mins buddy .View attachment 258800View attachment 258801
Yours is 2wd though so it should last longer. 15ish minutes I’d consider ‘normal’ with a 5200mah battery in a 3s vorteks. He may have gotten one of the bum smart 100 escs that were so common with the vorteks initial release. They’d hit lvc at 3.9/cell. Was very frustrating.

I've just been out with mine and in wet grassy and gravel conditions 30 mins buddy .View attachment 258800View attachment 258801
Heya,
Thanks..like the @Velodromed said, yours is 2wd and I also think its quite low geared. mine is 18t, which is great w stock tyres.

Btw I fixed the servo(was misaligned), put the stock tyres back. Did like 5min bashing, 5000ft total, and battery was still at 4.05volts per cell. So I think we're ok. The 2.8" tyres will need a low gearing perhaps

Heya,
Thanks..like the @Velodromed said, yours is 2wd and I also think its quite low geared. mine is 18t, which is great w stock tyres.

Btw I fixed the servo(was misaligned), put the stock tyres back. Did like 5min bashing, 5000ft total, and battery was still at 4.05volts per cell. So I think we're ok. The 2.8" tyres will need a low gearing perhaps
Well to be honest though buddy , you should lower the gearing with bigger wheels dude . I dropped it down to 16t and working great .
Do you have different size Pinions there to give it a try .

Well to be honest though buddy , you should lower the gearing with bigger wheels dude . I dropped it down to 16t and working great .
Do you have different size Pinions there to give it a try .
I don't have pinion gears yet,cuz I find them super super expensive, so still looking for options. Under no circumstances will I pay £15 for a new pinion gear 🤷‍♂️

But you know bro!! The Louise RC tyres are same profile as base Vorteks tyres. Parcel company failed to deliver them today, but hopefully I ll get them next days.will post pictures. I ordered them from Germany, and there was no VAT charged on it and so it was only ~£90 w delivery for 2 full sets. ( I bought racing tyres and some for grass/dirt too)

[I]Team Louise L-T3274SBM Mt-Mcross 1-10 Monster Truck Reifen Fertig Verklebt Soft 2.8" Felgen Schwarz Hex 14Mm Arrma 4X4 1-10 Vorne Hinten. (2 Stk.)[/I][/B][I] (LOUT3274SBM) [B]Team Louise L-T3201SBM Mt-Rocket 1-10 Monster Truck Reifen Fertig Verklebt Soft 2.8" Felgen Schwarz Hex 14Mm Arrma 4X4 1-10 Vorne Hinten. (2 Stk.)[/B] (LOUT3201SBM)[/I]

Last edited:
I don't have pinion gears yet,cuz I find them super super expensive, so still looking for options. Under no circumstances will I pay £15 for a new pinion gear 🤷‍♂️
Pinion gears are cheap buddy , were are you looking , have you tried are you in the UK ?
Pinion gears are cheap buddy , were are you looking , have you tried are you in the UK ?
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/arrma-pinion-gear-15t-08-mod-431555

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/arrma-pinion-gear-15t-08-mod-431555
£6.18

Ohhh!! I was looking at those safe d5 ones, those go with Vorteks. Not sure the non d shaped work?
Yes the non safety d pinions work on the spectrum motor. However, you cannot put a safety d pinion on other motors, they only work on the spectrum safety d motors. Some people say you can drill them out, but I’ve never tried it.

Attachments

• 8B6691A3-31FD-4F4E-B073-47BB56A17764.png
    8B6691A3-31FD-4F4E-B073-47BB56A17764.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back