Vorteks Vorteks Boost unboxing and build thread šŸ˜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, not just yet.
I am right now working with a CNC engineer in Europe and we plan to start making parts, starting with the 3S line. My goal is to bring something that even beats the factory Arrma part prices and definitely competes with the likes of Raz Shiffrin Ā£110+ titanium driveshafts kind of things.
I have some information about these things and hell they should not cost half of my organs.
anyway, details in a few months.

Do you have any better suggestions?
well, the only tip I got is to try and see whether there are other brands which potentially have better shocks by default but cheaper. for instance some ppl suggest to straight change the turnbuckle + rod ends + pivotballs to Traxxas 3S 1/10 because they are better and cheaper. the pivot balls for instance are metal. So, say, if you find smth like Maverick or maybe Team Associated car with aftermarket shocks, they might be better quality and still way cheaper than Arrma. the Arrma 3s line is made of some cheap parts unfortunately.

Ahh brilliant thanks, I think Iā€™ll go ahead and get them ordered then, which springs did you go with? I think the 2 sets of springs wheelspin offer are shorter for the front and the longer for the rear?
I just used the stock ones from the stock shocks. Swopped them straight over. Obviously you need the Vorteks compatible Arrma shocks with the model having shorter shock towers than the other 3s models.

I threw yeah racing on my senton.. I could name a couple.. ZD racing, hot racing, those big bores on like eBay, rcawd, integy, gpm.. a bunch of cheap one like the big bore and rcawd ones around.. anything aluminum is most likely better than the stockers.. although tweaking and adjusting is a must depending on your style and/or setup.. I haven't tried any but the yeah racing ones!? Trial and error type of upgrade!! šŸ˜Ž

Jesus Christ, in no world I ll pay this much for these!!!

That's around Ā£100 for full set with springs, plus oil cuz they re like 1/3rd filled
I just used the stock ones from the stock shocks. Swopped them straight over. Obviously you need the Vorteks compatible Arrma shocks with the model having shorter shock towers than the other 3s models.
Ahh ok, I lost my spring when it snapped so Iā€™ll have to grab a new set, those big bore shocks are 83mm so Iā€™m pretty sure they would fit

Ahh brilliant thanks, I think Iā€™ll go ahead and get them ordered then, which springs did you go with? I think the 2 sets of springs wheelspin offer are shorter for the front and the longer for the rear?
E913149B-E02D-4005-B945-3F49D6709E7B.png
These are the ones I bought dude.

View attachment 272123These are the ones I bought dude.
Well now Iā€™m even more confused, I messaged wheelspin models about the arma big bore shocks as Iā€™m a little worried they have the same 3mm shafts as the stock shocks and they replied saying if Iā€™m after an upgrade then I should look at these, but looking at the length Iā€™m not sure they would fit the vorteks and are they actually worth the extra money?

F95BEAA5-D3D9-4F6B-ADF2-C3D218747BA1.png

Took the sheild off and packed it in and clicked the shield back in place
Hey bud, youā€™re on the right track on caring for bearings run in the wet. Donā€™t pack it more then 1/2 - 2/3rds full though. Itā€™s a bit to much when packed tight, the balls need to be able to spin and rotate.

Well now Iā€™m even more confused, I messaged wheelspin models about the arma big bore shocks as Iā€™m a little worried they have the same 3mm shafts as the stock shocks and they replied saying if Iā€™m after an upgrade then I should look at these, but looking at the length Iā€™m not sure they would fit the vorteks and are they actually worth the extra money?

View attachment 272441
Pretty sure (if your car is a Vorteks?) that proline shocks wonā€™t fit the at the front. Shock towers are lower on the Vorteks. I can only talk from my experience and the Arrma ones we discussed earlier have never been an issue to me and Iā€™ll send my Vorteks 25ft at a skatepark.

Hey dudes , hope your all well .
Realised Ive not updated with for a while , well it's been a busy busy time and the Vorteks Boost went overload and ended up errrrmmm a Typhon lol šŸ¤£ .
I've created a YouTube channel and did a video on the vorphoon ( that's what I've been ended up calling it .

Please watch and would love if you liked and subscribed if you got the chance .
ChriswithaC

Hey guys , Hope that your ok , ive created this guide for you to make your basher last alot longer !
In this video, we present the ultimate guide to making your basher body tough as nails. If you're tired of constantly replacing your RC basher body after every bash session, then this guide is for you. We provide tips that will help you make your basher body indestructible, so you can enjoy longer and more intense bashing sessions without worrying about damaging your RC car. From reinforcing weak spots to using the right materials, we cover everything you need to know to make your basher body tough as nails. So, if you're ready to take your RC bashing to the next level, watch this video and start making your basher body indestructible today!

In addition to the tips provided in the video, you will need a few materials to make your basher body tough as nails. Here's a list of what you'll need:

1. Shelf adhesive mesh tape
2. Adhesive like Sticks Like Sh*t, Fantastic Elastic, or E6000
3. Gloves
4. Scissors
5. Cleaning products to clean the inside of the shell
6. Time and patience

Make sure to have all of these materials on hand before starting the process. With these materials and the tips provided in the video, you'll be able to make your basher body tough as nails and enjoy longer and more intense bashing sessions.

Hope this was helpful for you guys ,
Stay safe
ChriswithaC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back