Vorteks Vorteks conversion to Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lautri

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Gorgon
  3. Vorteks
  4. Voltage
  5. Infraction 4x4
What parts would be required to convert a Vorteks to a Granite?
Wheels/tires, body and is it just the shocks and shock towers?

What parts would be required to convert a Vorteks to a Granite?
Wheels/tires, body and is it just the shocks and shock towers?
Yup. Do you want a granite or a better off-road performing Vorteks?

I got a Vorteks when they were first released and found that it really didn’t fit my driving style. So I put a granite front shock tower on it, MX28 tires, typhon/big rock arms, 6S Mojave front shocks on all four corners and have loved it ever since.

E1D2CE26-B21B-496C-BC94-E3B1EF8B63A6.jpeg

4D22F9F1-37C3-4A6D-AACF-8DDB7647A07C.jpeg

66A2CA4C-BF4D-4E5F-85DC-9B07E2B0BDBC.jpeg

Do you have a brushed Vorteks Boost or a brushless 3S vortex? You posted in the Mega section, which are the brushed cars. The 4 x 4 section has the 3S vorteks.

Do you have a brushed Vorteks Boost or a brushless 3S vortex? You posted in the Mega section, which are the brushed cars. The 4 x 4 section has the 3S vorteks.

You are right, I should have posted under the 4x4 forum.

I have a brushless Vorteks, bought it when they first came out (was my first Arrma).
Very quickly after that I added the Granite tires, dropped the pinion size a couple of teeth, trimmed the body and extended the body posts to allow the bigger tires clearance.

Has been a lot of fun that way, I mostly drive it in a small BMX park (seldom do I jump more than 6 - 8 feet), but I'm ready for a change.

It doesn't get as much playtime now that I have an Outcast EXB 6s an X-Maxx and a brushless converted Infraction Mega.

BTW, really like the color on yours, did you go with a boost body, or painted a clear one?

PS. I hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Last edited:
You are right, I should have posted under the 4x4 forum.

I have a brushless Vorteks, bought it when they first came out (was my first Arrma).
Very quickly after that I added the Granite tires, dropped the pinion size a couple of teeth, trimmed the body and extended the body posts to allow the bigger tires clearance.

Has been a lot of fun that way, I mostly drive it in a small BMX park (seldom do I jump more than 6 - 8 feet), but I'm ready for a change.

It doesn't get as much playtime now that I have an Outcast EXB 6s an X-Maxx and a brushless converted Infraction Mega.

BTW, really like the color on yours, did you go with a boost body, or painted a clear one?

PS. I hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery.
Thanks bud. I painted it myself, my 4th body. And it turned out great until I shoo gooed to early and left it out in the Texas summer sun to dry. It bled through, started the paint separating and now it looks mottled. Screw up and learn 🙄

The one thing that drives me nuts about the vorteks body is the integrated wing. I like to jump and beat the crud out of mine And it’s quite a bit heavier than stock with metal differentials, yokes, spur, 3670 motor and 6s shocks. It has had many roof and tail landings. The wing starts to distort the body at the rear and crumple it in areas. I need to figure out what to do about it because I love the Vorteks body look. I was thinking to make my own rear wing out of Kydex or use a typhon wing mount with an outcast wing. I’m also thinking about turning it into a road car for a bit. Folks have gotten some decent numbers speed running it, which I started toying with earlier this year.

The thing that really changed it was when I put the granite front shock tower on it, allowing me to run mojave 6s front shocks all the way around (as I mentioned before). That modification alone made it much more enjoyable to drive. It is an excellent speed basher. I tried granite tires at first but after destroying a couple I switched over to MX28s with m2c +5, 17 mm hex adaptors.

I also got a mega infraction really cheap on a scratch and dent sale and then upgraded it to brushless with parts I already had. Got it up to 73 miles an hour before I started having some vision anomalies and had to stop for a while. After I recover I want to try again. Right now I’ve set it up as a parking lot basher and absolutely love it. My first road type car. I also built a notorious, bought a 6S Kraton and have four other 3S cars. My current project is building the below into a 4S car using all the V2 parts recently released.

179000A0-A15F-48C5-AAEE-F44361DAC5FF.jpeg

Oh, Another huge improvement on handling was when I put Typhon/big rock arms on the car. It also meant that I did not have to trim the body much at all to fit the MX28s.

Yup. Do you want a granite or a better off-road performing Vorteks?

I got a Vorteks when they were first released and found that it really didn’t fit my driving style. So I put a granite front shock tower on it, MX28 tires, typhon/big rock arms, 6S Mojave front shocks on all four corners and have loved it ever since.

View attachment 249723

View attachment 249724

View attachment 249725
Sorry for being late to the party, but this is exactly what I plan to do with my Vorteks. One question though, did you need to use the Typhon turnbuckles with the arms?

Back