Vorteks metal slipper clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeweettoch13

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's a metal version of the aluminium slipper clutch out there. (310946). I've noticed since i'm using metal diffs and 4S batteries the backend of the aluminium slipper clutch is eating away.

Any suggestions to adress this problem?

IMG_20220510_163640.jpg

IF there is a metal version.. You'll just sending the stresses down the system and end up chewing through something else.. driveshafts perhaps.

Maybe it's time to go up to 6S?
You can run on 4S all day long without chewing up anything.

IF there is a metal version.. You'll just sending the stresses down the system and end up chewing through something else.. driveshafts perhaps.

Maybe it's time to go up to 6S?
You can run on 4S all day long without chewing up anything.
Fair point.

But the chewing is there only when you give it some throttle and the motor jutters when starting.

I'll just give my 2 cents on the subject.

Keep the car stock and run it on 2s or 3s for off road use. Anything above that is for on road speed runs only. The Arrma 4x4 platform is held back by the stupid design decisions they put into it. The motor module and slipper assembly are the worst of those stupid design decisions. Without completely redesigning both the slipper assembly and motor module you are stuck with what you have now.

If you want a 4s rig may I suggest a Team Corraly Skeeter, Redcat Kaiju or hell even a Traxxas Maxx. Any of those rigs will handle 4s way better than the Arrma 3s ever wish it could.

Did some alumunium hardsoldering.

Since the other side of the slipper clutch is rarely broken i soldered the other end on the sawed off broken piece and fixed it.

Basically i can repair a torn clutch once, saves me a slipper clutch each time :)

IMG_20220515_150953.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back