Vorteks Vorteks motor combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moogy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
I'm looking at getting is combo of my vorteks just wondering if anyone knows if the motor will fit?
I was just going to get the ESC but I would be silly not to get the combo then I have a spare motor šŸ™ƒ

Screenshot_20220222-173613_Samsung Internet.jpg

The stock motor will run 4s but might not last long. It will heat up rather quickly. To run 4s you want a motor with a kv rating of around 2650 or less. Preferably around 2250 or so is the sweet spot for 4s.

The stock motor will run 4s but might not last long. It will heat up rather quickly. To run 4s you want a motor with a kv rating of around 2650 or less. Preferably around 2250 or so is the sweet spot for 4s.
Awesome mate thanks for infošŸ‘šŸ‘
That esc would be okty to run 4s yer?

So I'm better off getting different motor if I want to run 4s?
I just ran the stock 3200kv motor and MAX10 4s with a 20t the other day and she got hot straight away. I haven't geared down yet but I'm guessing 13t, 15t or 17t pinion may be ok.

I just ran the stock 3200kv motor and MAX10 4s with a 20t the other day and she got hot straight away. I haven't geared down yet but I'm guessing 13t, 15t or 17t pinion may be ok.
Yer I think might just upgrade the motor as well. Saves all the temperature problems

Yer I think might just upgrade the motor as well. Saves all the temperature problems
May be a good idea. The hobbywing sct brushless motors have a temp sensor too. I should have bought a combo instead of being a cheap ass and only getting the ESC.

Awesome mate thanks for infošŸ‘šŸ‘
That esc would be okty to run 4s yer?
Yes, the Max10sct is rated to run 4s. If you check the motor specs of any motor in question it will tell you if the motor is rated for 2s, 3s, 4s, etc. This is just a general rule, though. It all depends on what or how you plan on running your truck. Constant running or bashing, or quick speed runs? If bashing constantly, then you wanna stay close to the rated specs to keep heat down. For quick speed runs you want higher kv for speed, but sacrifice the torque and will create a lot of heat which will destroy the motor eventually.

May be a good idea. The hobbywing sct brushless motors have a temp sensor too. I should have bought a combo instead of being a cheap ass and only getting the ESC.
Yer I was looking at the price's an there is not much difference between the esc by its self an the combo's..
What other stuff have you done to your vorteks?
Yes, the Max10sct is rated to run 4s. If you check the motor specs of any motor in question it will tell you if the motor is rated for 2s, 3s, 4s, etc. This is just a general rule, though. It all depends on what or how you plan on running your truck. Constant running or bashing, or quick speed runs? If bashing constantly, then you wanna stay close to the rated specs to keep heat down. For quick speed runs you want higher kv for speed, but sacrifice the torque and will create a lot of heat which will destroy the motor eventually.
Awesome mate thanks again, im still learning about this brushless stuff haha
Yer I meanly just do off road an bashing

Yer I was looking at the price's an there is not much difference between the esc by its self an the combo's..

Sorry that system is in my Typhon.

20220222_141805.jpg

Awesome mate thanks again, im still learning about this brushless stuff haha
Yer I meanly just do off road an bashing
No problem, glad to help. Any motor will run on any battery. If you put power through the motor it will spin. The KV rating tells you how fast the motor will spin. KV x Volts(battery)=RPMs. Every motor has a max RPM rating, usually around 50,000-60,000 RPMs but for constant running you wanna keep the max RPMs around 35,000-40,000 as to keep the heat down. Generally, the higher the KV rating, the higher the top speed will be but will have less torque. Lower KV will have more torque but less top speed. What you need to think about is that these 4x4 rigs are heavy and need torque to get them moving without creating too much heat, but you lose your top speed. The way to combat that problem is to run a lower KV motor for torque and gear up using a bigger pinion gear for top speed. If you plan on running 3s then an average motor KV should be around 3200KV, 4s around 2400KV. Just gear up appropriately.

You explained that so well I really appreciate your information thank you.
I wouldn't mind to run 4s sometimes as well as 3s. What 4s motor would you recommend?

Looking good mate!

Whst size motor is it in
The motor in the photo is a 3665 3190kv which I haven't run yet. The motor that I said got hot straight away was a stock 3660 3200kv.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back