Vorteks Vorteks pinion question???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moogy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hey guys. Just this new guy again..
To make myself 110% sure if I put the 20t pinion in my vorteks it will slow it down at top speed this correct?
I meanly drive off road an was thinking if the 20t pinoin would give me a bit more control/traction when going full noise or is it just better to keep the 18t in there??

Also I don't drive with avc enabled I like haveing it turn OFF!! đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Okty I think I just might, don't want to cook everything hahah

You got any suggestions on diff oils an shock oils?
Stay stock oils for now for now. In general if changing it up, go front diff a bit thicker/higher cst silicone oil . I am not the best 4x4x guy out there however for specific weights. Others will have their recommendations. Confirm what the manual states is stock oils, F/R right now. You will need this for best reference to begin with. A base line is necessary. It might be 10k cst as stock both Front and Rear right now.. But confirm first. So you don't overshoot with Too thick of an oil. Can work against you. Harder to steer/drive, control.
Mainly a 6s rig guy.

Stay stock oils for now for now. In general if changing it up, go front diff a bit thicker/higher cst silicone oil . I am not the best 4x4x guy out there however for specific weights. Others will have their recommendations. Confirm what the manual states is stock oils, F/R right now. You will need this for best reference to begin with. A base line is necessary. It might be 10k cst as stock both Front and Rear right now.. But confirm first. So you don't overshoot with Too thick of an oil. Can work against you. Harder to steer/drive, control.
Mainly a 6s rig guy.
Cheers mate, yer I just got some 10k witch is shock in the vorteks. Just going to top them up fir now
Thanks again fir the info

Yes absolutely top them off with 10k(y)
Never trust the factory fill. They can be short a lot of times.

Yeah dude, Arrma is always short on the oil out the box. What bricks them sooner than later . Got burned with my first 6s Arrma after a few packs in. . Center diff completely melted from friction heat. Diff was a lump of molten plastic and loose gears, What stock 100k oil was left became black/grey tar. Whole diff was junk.

Last edited:
Yeah dude, Arrma is always short on the oil out the box. What bricks them sooner than later . Got burned with my first 6s Arrma after a few packs in. . Center diff completely melted from friction heat. Diff was a lump of molten plastic and loose gears, What stock 100k oil was left became black/grey tar. Whole diff was junk.
Holy s#@t now that is a good thing to keep in mind. My next one will be a 6s so I'm going to be checking anything

I'm half way thought it now just finished the back one.
Open it up an it was bone dry I was bloody shocked hahah
How did you get on with the refill ? Did it help with the car at all? What was it like steering and overall running for the car?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back