Vorteks Vorteks Rollout & pole count?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olegoose71

Reaction score
Kinda new to the RC world and was wondering if anyone knew the rollout for a vorteks 3s and pole count? Trying to setup the spektrum dashboard

Welcome to AF. Make sure to post yourself in the Member Introduction area. Where everyone meets new members. :)
Motor is 4 pole.
Roll out in "MM" is measured by rolling the tire/wheel you are running. Roll it against a ruler one full revolution and that is the rollout. Be precise as you can. Do it a few times. This is the circumference of the tire not the diameter. This will provide a speed when calcuated along with motor rpms and the final drive ratio. Changing the pinion gear will alter this and needs to be considered.
A GPS speed analyzer is way more accurate. Rollout changes with the speed of the tire. Ballooning will occur with most any tire. So rollout will vary. Some what drastically at times. And the "speed" reading in the Spektrum Dashboard is not quite as accurate as a GPS meter for this reason. This Module can be a bear to setup at times.
Others may chime in with more info on this.:cool:

Last edited:
4 pole.
Roll out in "MM" is measued by rolling the tire/wheel you are running. Roll it against a ruler one full revolution and that is the rollout. Be precise as you can. Do it a few times. This is the circumference of the tire not the diameter. This will provide speed when calcuated along with motor rpms and the final drive ratio. Changing the pinion gear will alter this and needs to be considered.
A GPS speed analyzer is way more accurate. Rollout changes with the speed of the tire. Ballooning will occur with most any tire. So rollout will vary. Some what drastically at times. And the "speed" reading in the Spektrum Dashboard is not quite as accurate as a GPS meter for this reason.
Others may chime in with more info on this.:cool:
Thank you for the info that’s extremely helpful hoping someone has already done it with there’s and will know because you can’t really see the pinion gear to see if your making a complete rotations

For rc calculator it's 2.85
Calculator will need to fill out an get the rollout.
Lmao thats my speedrun cars gearing
Trans ratio is 2.85 on 1/10th arrmaz
Trans ratio is 2.85 on 1/10th arrmaz
Stock is a 4 pole motor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210908-111838.jpg
    Screenshot_20210908-111838.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 192
Roll out is measured Best by removing One wheel and rolling IT one full revolution along side a ruler (MM). Best and most accurate way. You can do some math etc., as stated above. Using published diameter of the tire etc... But my way gets a truer accurate reading. And even as tires wear down, rollout changes exponentially. Something to consider. If it matters much in your case.
Not talking about the pinion revolution here. :cool:

I know it's an older topic but the correct answer isn't in the replies.

The rollout for the Spektrum dashboard is measured by turning the pinion 10 times, measure the distance traveled by the wheels and dividing that by 10.

So basically it is the travel distance per revolution of the pinion/motor. Not the tire circumference as stated above.

If you know the final drive ratio and the tire circumference you can also use:

Tire circumference / final drive ratio

With the stock 18T pinion and tires the rollout is 0.97

Screenshot_2023-01-28-13-36-34-93_14550f207387d981033edb32da6036a4.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back