Vorteks Vorteks Shock Alternatives - Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
So I got my daughter a new Vorteks for her tenth birthday which she was racing against my 3S Typhon and promptly drove straight into a tree, breaking one of the front shock shafts. The Vorteks shocks and parts are not available at all (ARA330722) anywhere that I could find. For now I've used a Typhon shaft and preloaded the sh*t out of the springs because if the shock fully compresses the longer Typhon shaft will go through the top of the Vorteks shock cap. Until Vorteks parts are available I'm looking for the best alternative which brings me to my question here for the Senton, Granite and BigRock owners. Can someone tell me which of those three has the shortest shocks (and by extension shafts) as I'm going to get a pair of those as a back up until I can get the Vorteks ones. Thanks!

Last edited:
So I got my daughter a new Vorteks for her tenth birthday which she was racing against my 3S Typhon and promptly drove straight into a tree, breaking one of the front shock shafts. The Vorteks shocks and parts are not available at all (ARA330722) anywhere that I could find. For now I've used a Typhon shaft and preloaded the sh*t out of the springs because if the shock fully compresses the longer Typhon shaft will go through the top of the Vorteks shaft. Until Vorteks parts are available I'm looking for the best alternative which brings me to my question here for the Senton, Granite and BigRock owners. Can someone tell me which of those three has the shortest shocks (and by extension shafts) as I'm going to get a pair of those as a back up until I can get the Vorteks ones. Thanks!
All the other shock shafts are the same length. The senton, granite, typhon, and bigrock all have the same exact shocks.

Closest thing I have found so far are the rear Traxxas GTR Shocks for the front and front SCT410 shocks for the rear.

I keep destroying my front shock tower. Anyone have good aftermarket shocks that can handle 15 feet high to concrete?

So I got my daughter a new Vorteks for her tenth birthday which she was racing against my 3S Typhon and promptly drove straight into a tree, breaking one of the front shock shafts. The Vorteks shocks and parts are not available at all (ARA330722) anywhere that I could find. For now I've used a Typhon shaft and preloaded the sh*t out of the springs because if the shock fully compresses the longer Typhon shaft will go through the top of the Vorteks shock cap. Until Vorteks parts are available I'm looking for the best alternative which brings me to my question here for the Senton, Granite and BigRock owners. Can someone tell me which of those three has the shortest shocks (and by extension shafts) as I'm going to get a pair of those as a back up until I can get the Vorteks ones. Thanks!
Go to jennys rc And click on the notify button under vorteks shocks. They will notify you when They get the next batch in.

These shocks will fit the Vorteks and are relatively inexpensive. Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H5C93F5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_77GBCZ5ER566446QPG0W

In light of the next post, I need to edit this post. I would not recommend these shocks. They will fit, size wise, but are too small and very soft. Not good for a 1/10 3s 4x4.

Screenshot_20210521-100311_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back