Vorteks shock head cushions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Ordered my stepdaughter a new bike and it came with these white foam things wrapped around all the tubes. After I put the bike together I went to throw everything away and realized, ‘Aw sweet…there’s the answer to my vorteks shock heads starting to punch thru the body’. Couple zip ties later and they fit great. I will test it out today.

My step daughter gets here tomorrow afternoon for six weeks. Can’t wait to see her reaction when she walks into her room and sees her new bike. And then when she sees all the RC cars, all the craft kits, rock tumble and more. I’ve been preparing for this since last summer! This is going to be an utterly fantastic six weeks 😃

13392856-6366-4E88-8A1D-974466290872.jpeg

55FEDA5B-7CBB-4A7C-B48E-11A1B9E90627.jpeg

Sounds like you're prepared to have a real good time with your stepdaughter. Hope you enjoy your time together.

Love the basket on the front of her bike. Where can I get one? Wanna put it on the front of my motorcycle. Lol!!!!

That's awesome man! She's not going to want to leave with all the fun and goodies she's got waiting for her.

I know you've been excited for her arrival, glad it's almost here, have fun and enjoy your time together!

Sounds like you're prepared to have a real good time with your stepdaughter. Hope you enjoy your time together.

Love the basket on the front of her bike. Where can I get one? Wanna put it on the front of my motorcycle. Lol!!!!
It came with the bike!! Schwinn was literally my first ride from the tricycle to training wheel bikes and then I switched to Race Inc. for BMX racing, then motorcycles and cars and forgot about two wheeled pedaled things until ‘96, when I discovered mountain bikes while living in NorCal. Then track bikes at the local velodrome 🤩

So long story still long… I love Schwinn.
That's awesome man! She's not going to want to leave with all the fun and goodies she's got waiting for her.
She never does. We’re working on that but the stupid cancer thing interfered. We got this all though. When life hands us lemons we shove them back up life’s ass.

Last edited:
It came with the bike!! Schwinn was literally my first ride from the tricycle to training wheel bikes and then I switched to Race Inc. for BMX racing, then motorcycles and cars and forgot about two wheeled pedaled things until ‘96, when I discovered mountain bikes while living in NorCal. Then track bikes at the local velodrome 🤩

So long story still long… I love Schwinn.

She never does. We’re working on that but the stupid cancer thing interfered. We got this all though. When life hands us lemons we shove them back up life’s ass.
I started with a GT Pro Performer freestyle BMX bike, along with a Kawasaki KX80 dirt bike then, after a few different dirt bikes, eventually graduated to streetbikes.

I do something similar, foam tape on top of shock towers and on the underside of the body. I also sanded down the edges of the shock towers. Those things are razor blades.

I do something similar, foam tape on top of shock towers and on the underside of the body. I also sanded down the edges of the shock towers. Those things are razor blades.
I do the same thing. Thick foam tape on the shock towers. Works for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back