Vorteks Steering Alignment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalboy4

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am having issues with my Vorteks alignment. I swapped to a new servo, a 35kg Zoskay with Kimbrough 124 servo saver (same as I have on a Typhon).
When I first put it on the servo saver lined up perfectly center but I quickly figured out the rotation was backward. No problem, I just switch reversed on TX. When I switch it on my TX the servo moves slightly out of alignment and of course the next tooth the other way is just as far past center as the first. I can switch it back neutral and it is lined up perfectly center.
It causes me to trim it slightly and then messing with alignment. Right now I have set it trimmed to center and then set endpoints, and used the turnbuckles to align it so the ends measure the same from chassis each side.
The question I have is there a way to set a servo straight? I tried opening it up and rotating the gear off one tooth but it seems exactly in the same spot.
Is there something with the TX that makes it off or can I program it? Hence switching it from N to R or vice versa fixes it just wrong rotation.
The same thing happens with the stock Spektrum. When its set for neutral on TX it is the same distance off one direction or the other and if I reverse the rotation on TX it lines up perfectly.
Is there a way to change rotation of servo? Can I swap the wires internally on the motor?
Note I am running with AVC turned off which is a whole other issue I have found that jacks with the steering.

I am having issues with my Vorteks alignment. I swapped to a new servo, a 35kg Zoskay with Kimbrough 124 servo saver (same as I have on a Typhon).
When I first put it on the servo saver lined up perfectly center but I quickly figured out the rotation was backward. No problem, I just switch reversed on TX. When I switch it on my TX the servo moves slightly out of alignment and of course the next tooth the other way is just as far past center as the first. I can switch it back neutral and it is lined up perfectly center.
It causes me to trim it slightly and then messing with alignment. Right now I have set it trimmed to center and then set endpoints, and used the turnbuckles to align it so the ends measure the same from chassis each side.
The question I have is there a way to set a servo straight? I tried opening it up and rotating the gear off one tooth but it seems exactly in the same spot.
Is there something with the TX that makes it off or can I program it? Hence switching it from N to R or vice versa fixes it just wrong rotation.
The same thing happens with the stock Spektrum. When its set for neutral on TX it is the same distance off one direction or the other and if I reverse the rotation on TX it lines up perfectly.
Is there a way to change rotation of servo? Can I swap the wires internally on the motor?
Note I am running with AVC turned off which is a whole other issue I have found that jacks with the steering.
I don’t think it’s an issue, per se, I wouldn’t worry about it too much and would use ST to center it. If you have to mount the saver off center on a 3s/4s arrma, mount it so the screw hole is farther away from the receiver box wall.

On a more fully featured transmitter, I would use subtrim to center the saver with the designated arrow in the middle when installing the servo. This moves the endpoints along with it so you get even steering travel one everything is put together. I don’t like when a car steers more to one side than the other, so I center with subtrim and use dual rate instead of EPA. This means that I always have equal L/R travel no matter how I set it.

I don’t think it’s an issue, per se, I wouldn’t worry about it too much and would use ST to center it. If you have to mount the saver off center on a 3s/4s arrma, mount it so the screw hole is farther away from the receiver box wall.

On a more fully featured transmitter, I would use subtrim to center the saver with the designated arrow in the middle when installing the servo. This moves the endpoints along with it so you get even steering travel one everything is put together. I don’t like when a car steers more to one side than the other, so I center with subtrim and use dual rate instead of EPA. This means that I always have equal L/R travel no matter how I set it.
Ok thank you. I think I am on the track as you suggest probably more OCD on my part that it’s not centered making one turnbuckle longer than the other it does seem to be trimmed significantly even though it’s only a half tooth on servo (TX is stock dx3). I was able to set endpoint (same as EPA, I think) but I left them the same setting. I steered to the housing as you say and backed it off and then left this for the other direction.
I ran out of light testing and will have to get back to it this evening to see results.

Back