Vorteks - Use 2S Lipo (IC3 Connection) Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trin726

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
So I totally spaced it at hobby shop today. They had 0 Spektrum 3S Lipos, so I bought a 2S 50C Lipo. I neglected to look at connection type, which is a IC3. Is there any concern using a IC3 (from battery) connector to IC5 (ESC)? I thought i had read somewhere it wasn't good to use any kind of connector between battery and ESC.

Thanks in Advance!

So I totally spaced it at hobby shop today. They had 0 Spektrum 3S Lipos, so I bought a 2S 50C Lipo. I neglected to look at connection type, which is a IC3. Is there any concern using a IC3 (from battery) connector to IC5 (ESC)? I thought i had read somewhere it wasn't good to use any kind of connector between battery and ESC.

Thanks in Advance!
I would just go return the ones you bought and buy the right ones. Lots of people don't trust adapters, because there is 1 more connection that could mess up. It shouldn't matter TOO much with only 2s, but I still say return them and get the right ones.

I would just go return the ones you bought and buy the right ones. Lots of people don't trust adapters, because there is 1 more connection that could mess up. It shouldn't matter TOO much with only 2s, but I still say return them and get the right ones.
I emailed Horizon. They said the adapter is okay, it's not their first choice as it can put additional stress on the ESC. They said it should be fine, just monitor temps. I already have the adapter, so going to run it and monitor temps. I'll report back on what I find. Thank you for the advice though!

Best to take it back for the right one.

I've used adapters without any issues. It's not ideal but if it gets you up and running why not?

I found out today a XT90 male will plug into a EC5 female and work fine.

If you're not too anal about things part of the hobby is about making it work, what ever way you can!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back