Vorteks Vorteks vs 1/8buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpalmo93

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just bought a vorteks 3s 4x4. Now considering to buy a buggy instead. Something like the typhon 6s but cheaper used one or another buggy brand. But I can’t decide if that would be a great choice to do. I think the buggy ones is for track but looks fun to drive outside the track to. The vorteks looks like a blast but im worried it will feels way to slow compared to my friend 6s buggy. What should you guys do haha. Love that the 3s only needs 1 batery. I have a kraton 6s but its for bash/jumps

Buggys are the most nimble, precise, accurate and fastest around a track, but they can also be one of the fastest and reliable bashers too. They just can't get over the loose and larger mud chunks like a Truggy can because of tire size. They take more skill to do air stunts as they don't move as well in the air as a big tire RC. Pros and cons to everything...

You basically described the 3s Typhon, you can convert your Vorteks to a 3s Typhon with not too much effort, if you don't want to buy another vehicle
Well thats an option if I don't like it hehe

Last edited:
The 3S Typhon definitely does NOT feel like a kids toy. The light weight design makes the most if the available power from the 3S power system.

However if you just want an excuse to buy another RC just go for it.

if anything it's faster on a straight line. it's lighter, and no diff meaning it doesn't diff out when you accelerate hard. I have both and time them both on a track, the 6s does about 47 seconds, while with the 3s i manage 49s.

I was under the impression that the vorteks was the fastest I the 3s line, but I feel the 3s typhon would be more useful as a track /basher.

I've been considering an upgrade to talion but it's WAY too much money and the 4s kraton replacement has been shelved afaic. Corally have beaten Arrma to it and released the 4s Sketer which looks bloody awesome 🙊 that's the only one I'd consider...

The 3S Typhon definitely does NOT feel like a kids toy. The light weight design makes the most if the available power from the 3S power system.

Good to hear. Nah I have purchased a kraton exb with 8s system i run on 6s, a big rock 3s and now this since november last year. don't want to buy a new one. I have only drove them on snow. Want to keep this vorteks but still curious about the buggys. Cant buy one more so that why I ask hehe. First rc cars i have owned

Last edited:
I've got a Vorteks and Typhon TLR. I'm kinda confused on what you are looking for, it sounds like buyers remorse on the Vorteks. I use my Vorteks more often then the Typhon, I find it easier to drive and it doesn't need as much real estate or batteries. I just got the the 17mm hex converter from Hot Racing so I can run the same tires for both of my cars. The Vorteks is great on buggy tires, the reduced weight helps address some of the issues with the weak stock servo. I also like the short wheel base of the Vorteks, it turns on a dime and doesn't traction roll. The stock tires don't have much grip, so that could be part of the issue with speed.

Have you driven the Vorteks yet? They rip, it won't have the same acceleration as a 6S rig but they are still loads of fun. The short wheelbase and low ride height make it really fun until the grass gets tall or the terrain really rough. I also run buggy wheels on my hybrid Vorteks and it is an absolute handful at times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back