Raider VXL upgraded Raider needing some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know anyone who has used manufacturers recommendations on slipper clutch tension and loved it, but anytime you deviate from that you take the reliability of you drive train into your own hands. No matter what, some of these parts are going to fail over time, it's just a matter of how much fun you want to have between now and then. If it was me, I'd back out about 1.5-2 turns and try it. If you can't tell the difference between manufacturers and woodies recommendations, flip a coin. You might find you like it, and maybe need it even tighter. Trust me, its worth experimenting.
Yeah, i might tighten it up as you have recomended and see how it goes..

Start easy with this. A fully tightened slipper means a direct input into the gear box. The slipper's design is to reduce the stress on the internals of the differential. Test with caution and don't slam on the throttle.
Something inside the diff is separating and disengages the axle I took it apart and found no o-rings as manual says I had it running but the axle was spinning lopsided then I popped a wheelie and no it doesn't move again. Maybe the rings

Hi

What we need to know is what version of the Raider you have? Version 1 had tranny problems.

Hi

The ver.1 had a removable front end once you took the aluminum side rails off.

Ya the nose comes off but I have chassis screws to take out as well as side rails it's a baja buggy

Hi

Which O-Rings are missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot (17).jpg
    Screenshot (17).jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 63
Nope I found the outside ones the set between the axle and dog bones

One is shorter

Attachments

• 15513919349017158755257110422018.jpg
    15513919349017158755257110422018.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 15513920070154946932829281114256.jpg
    15513920070154946932829281114256.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 51
Hi

You have to make sure you know what version the diff gear is in your tranny. The ver. 1's were discontinued and the ver. 2 gears that are posted above will not work in the ver 1 diff case. The cross pin that you need to replace are thicker in the ver 2 diffs.

Last edited:
Hi

You have to make sure you know what version the diff gear is in your tranny. The ver. 1's were discontinued and the ver. 2 gears that are posted above will not work in the ver 1 diff case. The cross pin that you need to replace are thicker in the ver 2 diffs.
He's got pics of his tranny on the first page. Could you tell by looking at what version it is? Post #12 in this thread.

Hi

Unfortunately no the upgraded parts are in the diff gear it self. If he has the older ver. 1 diff he will have to buy all of the parts for a new Diff.

So part num ar310378 was broke it is the pin for the axle and gear set I took a body clip the same diameter and cut it to match the other one!?!?! she is poppin wheelies again

And it's all metal inside the diff it that helps narrow between versions

Hi

Here are the two diffrent versions. The frist picture is version 1, and the second picture is version 2, the parts circled in red are the parts that were changed. The red arrow shows the quickest way to tell the difference between the two diff gears, the ver 1 diff gear has less material where the arrow is pointing.

Attachments

• Screenshot (24).jpg
    Screenshot (24).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot (25).jpg
    Screenshot (25).jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 54
I have a 3 stage throttle setting on my transmitter it pretty much takes off flying in the air on high

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back