Raider VXL upgraded Raider needing some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get to your diff, please, please check the gear on the driveshaft (the one that is connected to the slipper clutch).
While holding the large gear try to rotate the gear inside the housing. It should NOT be able to rotate.
The plastic version of that inner gear will be stripped from the inside (there is a metal pin holding it to the metal shaft). I have had that already a couple times with the same motor you got.

The trick is to properly set the slipper clutch so that that plastic inner gear will survive the power from the engine. Another solution is to go for metal gear, but I never got to that point (will be somewhere this summer probably for me, lol).

A trick to set your slipper clutch: set it too loose, car will not or nearly not move on full throttle. Lissen how it sounds (the high pitched tone).
Try to limit the time you do that since the slipper will run creasy hot (Do not touch). Leave the plastic slipper clutch cover off to do the continuous adjustments ( try to avoid sandy terrain).
Start to tighten the slipper until you hear it for less than half a second going from standstill and applying full throttle.

Please not that you might need to balance you slipper clutch depending on the different surfaces you run on.

You cannot setup the slipper clutch for both 2s and 3s lipo batteries, in that case set it up for 3s and accept that on 2s it will not slip.

On 3s with your big 12 cm tires (the same I got) you will go fast, really fast.
A front wing will make it able to steer, you can make one yourself from a 1.5 liter sturdy soda bottle. Cut 1/4 circle from it and mount it on the front: it will make a mayor difference.

If you get to your diff, please, please check the gear on the driveshaft (the one that is connected to the slipper clutch).
While holding the large gear try to rotate the gear inside the housing. It should NOT be able to rotate.
The plastic version of that inner gear will be stripped from the inside (there is a metal pin holding it to the metal shaft). I have had that already a couple times with the same motor you got.

The trick is to properly set the slipper clutch so that that plastic inner gear will survive the power from the engine. Another solution is to go for metal gear, but I never got to that point (will be somewhere this summer probably for me, lol).

A trick to set your slipper clutch: set it too loose, car will not or nearly not move on full throttle. Lissen how it sounds (the high pitched tone).
Try to limit the time you do that since the slipper will run creasy hot (Do not touch). Leave the plastic slipper clutch cover off to do the continuous adjustments ( try to avoid sandy terrain).
Start to tighten the slipper until you hear it for less than half a second going from standstill and applying full throttle.

Please not that you might need to balance you slipper clutch depending on the different surfaces you run on.

You cannot setup the slipper clutch for both 2s and 3s lipo batteries, in that case set it up for 3s and accept that on 2s it will not slip.

On 3s with your big 12 cm tires (the same I got) you will go fast, really fast.
A front wing will make it able to steer, you can make one yourself from a 1.5 liter sturdy soda bottle. Cut 1/4 circle from it and mount it on the front: it will make a mayor difference.
I have added the mojave arms and suspension as well as the tires. it is all metal in the differential. I had a broken set pin. I thought about a wheelie bar because yes on 3s it is ridiculously fast the wing sounds cool tho could you upload a pic?

Sure, this is on my mega, but the front is the same.

I hot glued the lollypop for additional strength, but you will loose that the first crash and you do not seem to need that.

Sorry for the picture, I am on holiday. It's a snapshot of a movie on my phone.

Ps, the metal bracket between the front suspension prevents breaking the suspension on high speed crashes (you will get those)

Sure, this is on my mega, but the front is the same.

I hot glued the lollypop for additional strength, but you will loose that the first crash and you do not seem to need that.

Sorry for the picture, I am on holiday. It's a snapshot of a movie on my phone.View attachment 31647

Ps, the metal bracket between the front suspension prevents breaking the suspension on high speed crashes (you will get those)
I'll take a bottle of down force please. Here you go sir?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back