Kraton Wait for V4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

performula

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was reading on here about the V4 being announced. The electronics seem to be different as they are Dynamite and the motor is 2200kV. The V3 has 2050kV, go with this?

I do not want to miss any sales but would like to get one now. :(

Where did you see a V4 announcement?

There was some v4 speculation back when Horizon bought Arrma, but I have not seen anything remotely official, or even a credible leak about the v4.

BUT if I assume it is true - The Dynamite ESC is made by Hobbywing, same as the BLX185. Probably the same exact ESC, but with a different sticker, and EC5 plugs. The higher KV would run the motor a bit faster, but you will still be heat-limited for gearing. You might pick up 2-5 mph, but I doubt more than that.

The other change I could see (guessing here) is swapping the Tactic radio for a Spektrum one, probably the "DX2E Active with AVC" for the BLX6s models.

But no - if you see a sale on a Arrma you want, jump. The BLX6s V3 cars are VERY solid now. Could they be better? Maybe, but no reason to wait, IMHO.

Where did you see a V4 announcement?

There was some v4 speculation back when Horizon bought Arrma, but I have not seen anything remotely official, or even a credible leak about the v4.

BUT if I assume it is true - The Dynamite ESC is made by Hobbywing, same as the BLX185. Probably the same exact ESC, but with a different sticker, and EC5 plugs. The higher KV would run the motor a bit faster, but you will still be heat-limited for gearing. You might pick up 2-5 mph, but I doubt more than that.

The other change I could see (guessing here) is swapping the Tactic radio for a Spektrum one, probably the "DX2E Active with AVC" for the BLX6s models.

But no - if you see a sale on a Arrma you want, jump. The BLX6s V3 cars are VERY solid now. Could they be better? Maybe, but no reason to wait, IMHO.

It was in another thread here, and I guess it was announced by an AARMA rep on facebook, I think in May or June? A few people replied. It could be incorrect.

I ask because they aren’t discounted ever that I can tell unless they are being discontinued. No coupons either. I did not know if I should hold out for a discount, but I do not think that will happen.

Just buy it and be thrilled with your purchase. Shim your Diffs, get a new servo, shoe goo and drywall tape your body (especially the back of the body near the body clip holes) , then run your new truck and love it.

You. Will. Love. It. They take a ton of abuse.

At the hobby shop yesterday a guy came in with an old Nitro and thought that "gas" was where it was at. Showed him my Kraton and Outcast and he was going to trade it right on the spot for something different. Literally.

Just buy it and be thrilled with your purchase. Shim your Diffs, get a new servo, shoe goo and drywall tape your body (especially the back of the body near the body clip holes) , then run your new truck and love it.

You. Will. Love. It. They take a ton of abuse.

At the hobby shop yesterday a guy came in with an old Nitro and thought that "gas" was where it was at. Showed him my Kraton and Outcast and he was going to trade it right on the spot for something different. Literally.

Yes, I raced 1/10 Touring Nitro for a little while - R40/MTX3/V1RRR and while fun I switched back to electric since brushless is so great. I don’t feel like dropping $1000+ on an 1/8th scale and this has rave reviews.

Yes, I raced 1/10 Touring Nitro for a little while - R40/MTX3/V1RRR and while fun I switched back to electric since brushless is so great. I don’t feel like dropping $1000+ on an 1/8th scale and this has rave reviews.
Don't get me wrong - by the time that you get these all set up and on point you'll be about $1,000 into each rig. But they become significantly stronger so IMHO it's worth every penny. Especially if you think you own a few airplanes like I do. ?

Don't get me wrong - by the time that you get these all set up and on point you'll be about $1,000 into each rig. But they become significantly stronger so IMHO it's worth every penny. Especially if you think you own a few airplanes like I do. ?

I’m at about $700 before I hit complete order. ;)

I’m at about $700 before I hit complete order. ;)
It's about the hardest thing to do but reinforce that body before you run it. And look at/shim all your Diffs. Sometimes they come dry. My buddy who I run with has a few of the Arrma vehicles. He won't upgrade the Diffs to Hot Racing, the cups or the the bulkheads. I shimmed them with the Mugen E0206 shims and the TKR1222 shims in the right spots with the hot racing stuff before I ran the gears and they have been holding up well. He has had diff issues even though we shim them the same way and keeps blowing through 50 dollar rebuild kits over and over. But that's just the small sampling of a few vehicles.

It was in another thread here, and I guess it was announced by an AARMA rep on facebook, I think in May or June? A few people replied. It could be incorrect.

I ask because they aren’t discounted ever that I can tell unless they are being discontinued. No coupons either. I did not know if I should hold out for a discount, but I do not think that will happen.
Supposedly the gal was a rep from Arrma or Horizon and told everyone in the post about when the V4s arrive they would have Spektrum and Dynamite electronics. She did not say when the V4s were coming but those would be the most notable changes. I saw the post and should have screen shotted it.

Oh god yeah I have well over $1,000 into my Outcast, I wasn't so lucky like some of you guys and started with a V1 Outcast and the only shock upgrade option was $100+, but well worth it.

Last edited:
Fun to see all speculations..need to be a bit realistic, there is no need for arrma to change BLX/HW to Dyna/HW..there just isnt...

And drop 500-1000 in it, wont help, cus its not needed..ya still bend towers and so on..get a T2T brace, and practice makes awsm. I bash the C out of ma 18 cars, 12 stock besides t2t brace..since i started using it and thats like 6 or 7 years ago.., it saved not only chassi, but diff cases..

When are Kraton V4 ready for sale? This summer or later?
No one here knows the answer and if they do I'm sure they aren't allowed to say. I'd say by the summer though. Just a guess.

Talion and Typhon tipped for release in 4-5 days. LHS's in Australia are currently receiving stock I'm told. As for other models I don't know.

Talion and Typhon tipped for release in 4-5 days. LHS's in Australia are currently receiving stock I'm told. As for other models I don't know.
Are you related to Vas? :ROFLMAO:

One of the Horizon reps on Facebook said something is happening on Thursday. Not sure if that is when they are releasing the V4s or if they will be announcing something new.

I posted a thread on here and some screen shots that someone else posted in a Facebook group I'm in about tower hobbies having pre orders for the v4 was a red notorius and a blue Kraton but the screen shots I posted were of the box and the supposed v4

Are you related to Vas? :ROFLMAO:
lol....No but I was on an online chat via the Hobbies Direct website with one of their staff las week who told me they were expecting delivery of the new vehicles either last Friday or early this week and they gave me the new price as well with I think was about $669AUD

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back