Kraton Wall hanging storage ideas..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I want to hang my Kraton flat('ish) on the wall as storage space is an issue for me and I don't want it hidden in a cupboard either.
So wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any ingenious ideas how to do this without using hooks?
I didn't want to use hooks because I'm concerned about what strain it might put on the arms/suspension/etc areas??
Thought about magnets but didn't know if that could cause issues with the electrics or motor etc..?
Come on guys lets come up with something good?

Magnets? You had the about that in a...., for example Nero, very less steel is?
The most main plates are from aluminium... and thats also not magnetic.
Plastic do also not support an magnet...
So... no, an Magnet ist not really an good idea.
Maybe you can make a kind of hook wich will allow to hook up an car, but I would not recommended that because the force which ist going into the material can bend the plastic parts.

Im my point of view it will be the best way to use a kind of cup board with stands under the cars which will allow that the wheels are free from the ground.

I use sometimes old tires which I put below the cars.. (sure, depends of their size, model and it´s weight)

For my Nero I have no solution till yet, I am still thinking over design and material. Tho most old tires I have are all to small! ;)

I think this will work, it is what I use for mine and my kid's surfboards. Of course it'll be built on a smaller scale.

Attach 2 boards, vertically, using good heavy duty dry wall anchors or the studs. I used 2x4's but 2x3's would work for RC cars. In my case, I spaced the boards out 4-5 feet, in this cade you only need about a foot between the 2 vertical boards. Then Using a 3/4 inch Boring bit, I made a hole in each board at the same level, then did it again about a foot up, and then again and again. I stack 5 surfboards and a kayak on mine. Then take a piece of 3/4 electrical conduit, and cut 2 lengths of equal size, probably about 18 inches. I then shoved the conduit into the holes in my vertical boards. So now you should 2 metal posts sticking out of the wall. Set you car on the conduit. Here is an image of a similar version.

th

I dig that set up. However, I would move the racks to the left, so that the cars can be turned 90 degrees. That way the weight is resting on the chassis and not the A-arms. I don't know exactly why I would do that, but I would.

This way the cars are more stable. Sideways the cars can move to front and back on their Chassis plate.
Sideways I can store more cars, so I expect in future to add some rubber tot the racks so the cars won't slide. :p

I don't know how you feel about this look at how he has the XMaxx and CEN mounted on the wall in the very beginning of this video. I thought about doing that myself in my RC room.

I don't know how you feel about this look at how he has the XMaxx and CEN mounted on the wall in the very beginning of this video. I thought about doing that myself in my RC room.

You have to watch your foams in your tires,, any constant pressure is going to flat spot the tires. 2-3 weeks ok, months no beno

I like the last two examples. I might try to do something similar out of PVC. I'll post if it comes together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back