Typhon Wanna buy a Typhon, should I buy an old model or 2016?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardOne

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hy
I wanna buy a Typhon , and in my Hometown Shop there is the last one
and he would cost 320.- EUR
But should i buy this one ore the newest Modell 2016 ?
Is ther any big Difference beetwen this 2 ?
Am i on the save Side with the Old Modell ?
Thx Guys
(sry for the bad English ;)

new model... that should have the newest 185amp esc and better connectors(i believe it is xt90) on the esc, and new tires (rims) probably are less prone to crack. they will probably cost the same either way so the new one will be better (the old 180amp had problems(not all)) but yeah, hopes this helps ya out :)

Biggest difference (2016 model): new updated esc (to try and fix fire, shutdown, and cable issues) the new cable is not deans though, which the new one can withstand higher amps. the deans we ok, but some people had the connectors melt because it couldn't handle the amps.

Last edited:
I agree with the guy above me, although i think they upped the price of the new version.
I think it will be around 500 euros in netherlands and Germany...don't know where you live but expect it to be a bit more expensive

I agree with the guy above me, although i think they upped the price of the new version.
I think it will be around 500 euros in netherlands and Germany...don't know where you live but expect it to be a bit more expensive
It is worth the extra bucks because the new ones will be more reliable than the old

Normally, out of th box it should be improved over the old model. But its to early to guarantee it because its hard to review a car that isnt on the market yet.

But i would say YES
don't forget these rc cars are arrmas first generation cars. They already know what they did wrong and what they did good! That meaning the car will get better and better the next generation.
Offcourse you can buy an old model and upgrade the flaws it has, but i would wait for the new model. Just my opinion!

I just happen to know more about this Typhon model because I have been trying to sell my fury for one... I would probably get a roller and get and ESC and pull the transmitter and receiver to put into the roller.. If you do buy an older model and you upgrade it it would cost more than the new stock, so waiting for the newer version would be a better idea

What is that typhon swb i heard
Is it an upgrade chassis gor the typhon?
[DOUBLEPOST=1462336685][/DOUBLEPOST]Or was it kraton swb?

Yep I couldn't agree more with justatree. I love both the Talion and Typhon. I bought them in February and I'm kinda kicking myself. However, I didn't know about the new models. Looks like they fixed (hopefully) all the little things wrong with them.

Im thinking of getting a typhon also
Any bad news about the 185 esc

I recently bought a typhon (new version) about 2 weeks ago. Been doing several speed runs on 6S 5000mah 50c batt with ambient temps between 88 - 97F. ESC temp never broke 125F. Motor temp is good just as well -- around 130-135F. Amazing rc car!

I know it's a minor thing, but I think the new wheels are a major improvement. The older ones are a little thin and brittle...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back