Infraction Wanna Go Fast!😔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
So I’ve been messing with my Infraction a little while building my Typhon. Took it out this morning for a shakedown run on 6s. Running smooth, but after a few passes I noticed one of the rear driveshaft support bearings blew apart and my WTF fan took a crap. Not the end of the world!

Not easy finding a place to really get the full potential outta this thing. The spot I’m running is only about 2000’ feet road. (Not enough space)

Well, 78mph isn’t bad. I think I’ve got a lot of learning to do.

A068FD46-E798-4855-AE0A-B2D8447DEA76.jpeg

51437FE2-E8A2-455A-A475-B4E21E3DF4A5.jpeg

23EDEBE2-F7B3-4675-8EF9-2857602D5695.jpeg

67CADA43-3629-48B6-B6CE-475D8D93A4C8.jpeg

7BA4E683-3692-4EA0-88F3-83EABE6C54DA.jpeg

Fans always crap out when you least expect it. No matter the brand IMHO. I have many backup fans here for this reason. And the Summer is upon us. Fans are mandatory.

Regarding the rear driveshaft support and the bearings, been there done that. It is a cheap bandaid that Arrma put on due to the long rear shaft and its subsequent osscilation issue. I tried it on my 1st gen Infr and Lim. when Arrma started selling it as a replacement/upgrade part. ( The Lim to this day does not even include it like the Fel and 2nd gen Infr.) Hardcore speed guys are simply not using it! Better to remove it and use nothing or upgrade to a better thicker drives shaft setup.
Just get rid of it. You will keep bricking the bearings, no matter the type of bearings you use. Bad design. Been there. Again, it was is just an Arrma cheap $3. bandaid part IMHO.
There are upgrade versions of this support part made of alloy. Same poor design whether plastic or alloy. Don't waste your time and money on it. I say it is mechanically incorrect to support the driveshaft the way it does for extreme high speed running.
I have discussed this before elsewhere on AF.
:cool:

Fans always crap out when you least expect it. No matter the brand IMHO. I have many backup fans here for this reason. And the Summer is upon us. Fans are mandatory.

Regarding the rear driveshaft support and the bearings, been there done that. It is a cheap bandaid that Arrma put on due to the long rear shaft and its subsequent osscilation issue. I tried it on my 1st gen Infr and Lim. when Arrma started selling it as a replacement/upgrade part. ( The Lim to this day does not even include it like the Fel and 2nd gen Infr.) Hardcore speed guys are simply not using it! Better to remove it and use nothing or upgrade to a better thicker drives shaft setup.
Just get rid of it. You will keep bricking the bearings, no matter the type of bearings you use. Bad design. Been there. Again, it was is just an Arrma cheap $3. bandaid part IMHO.
There are upgrade versions of this support part made of alloy. Same poor design whether plastic or alloy. Don't waste your time and money on it. I say it is mechanically incorrect to support the driveshaft the way it does for extreme high speed running.
I have discussed this before elsewhere on AF.
:cool:
I agree that is a bs design. I’m gonna try to make own spool and shorten the rear shaft. 🤞🏼

Weird how fans die when you least expect it. I've owned my infraction for two weeks and the motor fan just died. Seems like the fan blades came off of the center hub part? Like the actual plastic gave way. I've been told these fans are cheap and they will die. I just ordered a Protek 35mm replacement fan for it.

Damn that's quick (y)
Thanks, just getting my feet wet. I’ve got a lot to learn. 105mph is a great accomplishment for me just beginning, but not very fast compared to the numbers many others are posting. Next goal is 110mph!🤞🏼

Thanks, just getting my feet wet. I’ve got a lot to learn. 105mph is a great accomplishment for me just beginning, but not very fast compared to the numbers many others are posting. Next goal is 110mph!🤞🏼
Awesome brother,the rush is something isn't it?
Should post on (how fast did you run today,105mph will put you on the list..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210705-075607_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-075607_Chrome.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 37
Awesome brother,the rush is something isn't it?
Should post on (how fast did you run today,105mph will put you on the list..
Most definitely is quite a rush! Hoping I continue to increase my numbers. 🤞

Thanks again @K-BASH for the drive cups. That spool I made for my Infraction is working perfectly! 👍 ;)

67A5B65B-0F1D-43A7-BB26-3EF93A7020F7.jpeg

Last edited:
Most definitely is quite a rush! Hoping I continue to increase my numbers. 🤞

Thanks again @K-BASH for the drive cups. That spool I made for my Infraction is working perfectly! 👍 ;)

View attachment 156066
Looks good,
That's the fastest I've seen anyone go with stock electronics. Great job

Looks good,
That's the fastest I've seen anyone go with stock electronics. Great job
That’s the 160A/1250kv that I took outta my K8! It’s probably got more in it, 1250kv isn’t ideal for speed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's right 2×4s packs👍
I'd keep pushing it till 160a starts cutting out.1250kv staying cool???
Fan crapped out yesterday after I got airborne on 6s! Motor temp was 150 degrees after 2 x 8s passes without fan. That's why I called it quits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back