Infraction Want a custom body but need paid help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Looking to pay someone who has a skill set at doing custom Infraction bodies...

I spent Saturday masking, preparing, etc. watching video step by step...on a body that I am highly disappointed with. I see to get straight lines, paint not the bleed, etc takes more details and skillset than I have. I was slow and patient did not rush...but just not my cup of tea.

Any recommendations to anyone who does this as a paid skill? Hours I spent on this I could have made the money to pay someone to do this for me...

Any names, please? :)

Looking to pay someone who has a skill set at doing custom Infraction bodies...

I spent Saturday masking, preparing, etc. watching video step by step...on a body that I am highly disappointed with. I see to get straight lines, paint not the bleed, etc takes more details and skillset than I have. I was slow and patient did not rush...but just not my cup of tea.

Any recommendations to anyone who does this as a paid skill? Hours I spent on this I could have made the money to pay someone to do this for me...

Any names, please? :)
I have the same struggles. It is not an easy thing to do right. I’m very particular about clean paint lines and am also unable to meet my own standards. I have learned from some of my errors on my second body, but I’m sure to forget these by the time I paint my third ????‍♂️

Which tape did you use? I use tamiya and it is amazing. Crisp lines.... just make sure just before you paint you press firm and pull tape like 10 min after you shoot or you will pull up edges. If you can't then run a blade on the edges.

Which tape did you use? I use tamiya and it is amazing. Crisp lines.... just make sure just before you paint you press firm and pull tape like 10 min after you shoot or you will pull up edges. If you can't then run a blade on the edges.
I believe it was Trestors tape.

Just curious but how common is it with local hobby shops to offer RC body paint services? I don't have a LHS and I wouldn't think that your big chain hobby shops do this, but the smaller privately owned ones do often. I'd probably drive a couple hours or ship my body to a LHS nearby that did paint service but not sure how commonplace it is.

I really want to make a blue body something cool for my kraton but unfortunatly im pretty bad at doing anything everything turns meh i always do mistakes i know it will need 5-6 bodies to finally get it right i cant do a perfect job in the first try or a decent one and i lack the equipment maybe there is spray can paint specially for bodies only tamiya comes to my mind i personally don't like how the front of the 4s kraton looks like doesn't look like the 6s face

Thanks for chiming in on my post...

What I have seen for painting on YT I spray a light coat and wait 10-15 min and do this 3x to layer it. So this process makes it hard to pull the tape right away... I definitely went longer between those cycles more like hours being my first time...

It was Tamiya masking tape....

Not to hijack the thread but how feasible is it to remove the paint and try again? I know acetone based solvents can wreak havoc on lexan but I've seen videos of folks removing paint from lexan to clear out windows a such using nitro fuel and certain types of brake clean. Don't know if that only works to clear the body for like windows only or if either of those methods would work if you want to try to prep and spray again.

Been a few years since I priced one... :)
Oh sorry I didn’t mean that to come across as argumentative at all. I was excited that $50 would be a possible cost for a good paint job. I would be all over that. $100 is pushing the boundaries for me personally, but if it was done really well, it could be a consideration.

I spent 3 days on a recent paint job and that’s not even considering the time it took to trim it. Not to mention I had to wait for appropriate weather.

In the end, it’s not good enough of a paint job that I would be comfortable paying for. If I had paid $50 for this level of detail, I would be pissed off.

What’s funny now is that after painting it, I could do such a better job on a second one. It’s too bad they aren’t easy to just remove the paint and start over. And I don’t feel like dropping another $60 for a replacement body. It’s just a speed runner that will be crashed at over 100mph in the future so I will just let it be. ??

Most of those cheaper paint jobs were from people just starting out, and trying to build a client base for recommendations, and a portfolio for their on-line gallery. Most of these guys are already good before they start trying to sell their service, so you can get a great body this way, for half of what the more well known painter will charge.

Then, I have seen the new painters go the other way too, with ego taking over when they make mistakes, and lots of finger pointing and Facebook flame jobs going on...

Roll the dice, take your chances... :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back