Want to upgrade MEGA Typhon to brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cprince2002

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I am new to the RC hobby and recently purchased a arrma typhon mega. I am looking to upgrade it to a brushless system. Anyone have any suggestions on what setup to use? Looking for any ideas. Thanks everyone look forward to hearing from y’all.

There is a long list of parts to make it the same as a 3S version, but some of those are optional, like turnbuckles. But it would be much less expensive to have bought the brushless version from the beginning.

You now will need a motor, ESC, pinion, spur, BLX motor mount, BLX slipper assembly, HD input gears (2), BLX diffs (2), and appropriate bearings at minimum. You can get these parts for less from a kit breaker like Jennys RC or others on eBay.

I've just fitted a Goolrc brushless system to my sons Senton mega. We've only run about 4 pack (2s and 3s) through it and so far so good. Also upgraded to diff pinions to the Arrma HD input gears and fitted sealed bearings as mentioned by Jondilly above. I have ordered a Goolrc programming card too as it needs some tuning. A bit slow off the mark. I should have bought it with the kit in hindsight. Too early to say if its a good system but its not getting hot (using 17t motor pinion) and it works. Plenty of power on 3s and we haven't even tuning it yet.

I have been told I cold upgrade to a brushless motor and esc without changing the gears is that true

I have been told I cold upgrade to a brushless motor and esc without changing the gears is that true
If you only run 2s and set your slipper a little on the loose side they can last longer but eventually you will want to at least upgrade to the HD inputs.

Depends on how much power you're going to put in it.

I would at least get the ARA310773 17t HD input for the rear it's only $4.99 the stock rear input has a plastic shaft and will break sooner or later. Then you can wait till things break or strip and start looking at a full BLX driveline conversion (37t diffs, 13t diff inputs, 0.8mod spur/slipper, BLX motor mount.).

You shouldn’t use the HD input gears with the Mega diff. They are different pitch.

Are you sure? They looked the same when I changed mine.
I think he's thinking of something else. Probably had a brain fart. It happens to the best of us.

I thought I read recently that the Mega and BLX used different input gears. Didn’t realize they made an HD input just for the Mega diffs. ??‍♂️

Same

EkZX0bN.jpg
Gsbusjc.jpg

I thought I read recently that the Mega and BLX used different input gears. Didn’t realize they made an HD input just for the Mega diffs. ??‍♂️
I think they released it after the 3s models were on the market but I don't remember.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back