Wanted: 3D Model of the Kraton EXB Body Shell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SledgeMan

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
Does anyone have a 3D model of the Kraton EXB body shell (or Typhon 6s)? I bought some carbon fiber cloth and epoxy to make a body shell. I purchased a 3D printer and I'm going to make a mold, but I need the model. My son, @jlorenzen, was supposed to purchase a handheld laser scanner, since I bought the printer, but he's dragging his heels. If someone has, or can create, a 3D model for me, I will be willing to make a second carbon fiber shell for them on my dime. All that I ask is you pay shipping. I will provide the materials and time. I will mold the first body shell for myself and then make a second one for the model donator. Thank you, my fellow RC Hobbyists!

If push comes to shove, I have a Faro arm at work and I can have a model made, but it will be time consuming because we don't have the laser scanner attachment for it. This means that I would have to create the model by taking thousands of points and it still wouldn't be as accurate as a laser scan.

Why not just use the shell you have as a plug for the mold.. that's typically how it is done..👍... Seems like wasted effort to spend hours on hours modeling and printing a plug, then sanding, painting, wet sanding it when the plug is already in your possession.. 🤷

Why not just use the shell you have as a plug for the mold.. that's typically how it is done..👍... Seems like wasted effort to spend hours on hours modeling and printing a plug, then sanding, painting, wet sanding it when the plug is already in your possession.. 🤷
@Camaroboy383 Great idea! I guess that I am a dumba$$, just like my wife always tells me!
Well, I don't need a 3D model anymore! I already have it!

@Camaroboy383 Great idea! I guess that I am a dumba$$, just like my wife always tells me!
Well, I don't need a 3D model anymore! I already have it!

I'm glad I could help push you in the right direction.. 🤣🤣.. I did ac cobra, 32 ford and t bucket bodies for years.. it was always easier to start with a plug and work off that.. we made one custom bucket for the owner from the ground up and it was a painstaking process that took damn near 8 months to finish the plug..

after the mold was pulled from the plug he requested we smash it with the excavator so nobody could ever have one besides him... The molds were then also destroyed after that custom bucket was pulled from the mold ..

Long useless story I know, but when you asked it brought me back to those days, and I wouldn't do them again for anything...😂😂😂..

I'm glad I could help push you in the right direction.. 🤣🤣.. I did ac cobra, 32 ford and t bucket bodies for years.. it was always easier to start with a plug and work off that.. we made one custom bucket for the owner from the ground up and it was a painstaking process that took damn near 8 months to finish the plug..

after the mold was pulled from the plug he requested we smash it with the excavator so nobody could ever have one besides him... The molds were then also destroyed after that custom bucket was pulled from the mold ..

Long useless story I know, but when you asked it brought me back to those days, and I wouldn't do them again for anything...😂😂😂..
Oh man, that would be painful to destroy 8months of work.. 🤦🏻‍♂️ But I get it.

Oh man, that would be painful to destroy 8months of work.. 🤦🏻‍♂️ But I get it.

I just looked at him and said are you serious?.. he just smiled and said yep.. so we pulverized it and the molds after.. it really was the coolest bucket, instead of a typical seating position which your basically sitting on top of it, you sat in it.. there was 1 door on the passenger side of the car.. the door and tub top rail was even with your shoulder neck area.. a low slanted windshield and a removable vinyl top.. and sat on a stretched bucket chassis.. we built everything in house.. chassis and all.. it was called road rage.. it really was a cool ride..

This is the only picture I could find of it.. I had to steal it from his Facebook messenger avatar.. lol

Screenshot_20210307-024828.png

I just looked at him and said are you serious?.. he just smiled and said yep.. so we pulverized it and the molds after.. it really was the coolest bucket, instead of a typical seating position which your basically sitting on top of it, you sat in it.. there was 1 door on the passenger side of the car.. the door and tub top rail was even with your shoulder neck area.. a low slanted windshield and a removable vinyl top.. and sat on a stretched bucket chassis.. we built everything in house.. chassis and all.. it was called road rage.. it really was a cool ride..

This is the only picture I could find of it.. I had to steal it from his Facebook messenger avatar.. lol

View attachment 130591
That thing is wicked..

Back