Limitless Wanting to do FPV on my Limitless...Help me please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason F

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I have been wanting to do FPV on an RC car for a long time... I have been doing research for a while. Question is do I need a controller, or can I just buy Caddx FPV camera, and DJI V2 goggles?

If you feel like spending a lot. I would start with cheaper analog setup.
But yeah a Caddx vista(+ cam) and the DJI googles will work great. They bind.
I do have Flight controller and gps attached to the vista though. It needs to be armed to give full power output, but that could be tricked to by using a receiver channel too I guess.

If you feel like spending a lot. I would start with cheaper analog setup.
But yeah a Caddx vista(+ cam) and the DJI googles will work great. They bind.
I do have Flight controller and gps attached to the vista though. It needs to be armed to give full power output, but that could be tricked to by using a receiver channel too I guess.
Would I be able to record the footage without a controller?

The googles can record on sd card. It has buttons so no need for a DJI controller. In don't have it either.

The larger DJI airunit (not the vista) can also record on sd directly. It will have better recoding quality as the image has not been transmitted over air.

Thank you so much! That’s the information I was looking for.

Salt flats in FPV might look like a snowstorm. If you want to record video, it is best to use a camera with on-board HD recording onto a memory card. Caddx and others make them. The recording through goggles or any other remote video device is not very good at all. Lots of noise from the transmission over RF and low resolution. Otherwise, all you need is a camera, a VTX, and your goggles. FPV on cars is a lot of fun, and works very well.

I ordered the Caddx Vista Nebula Pro kit.
Thank you guys for your knowledge, and input. I appreciate it!

Salt flats in FPV might look like a snowstorm. If you want to record video, it is best to use a camera with on-board HD recording onto a memory card. Caddx and others make them. The recording through goggles or any other remote video device is not very good at all. Lots of noise from the transmission over RF and low resolution. Otherwise, all you need is a camera, a VTX, and your goggles. FPV on cars is a lot of fun, and works very well.
You obviously haven't seen DJI goggle recordings

Just getting into FPV myself one thing to be aware of with the DJI gear, they need air blowing on them to keep cool (transmitter, not camera). So it's fine when you're flying and the surrounding air and props are keeping the unit cool with air. It's advised, particularly since you have to connect to the DJI app first to "activate" each component on a PC and you're forced to update firmware to run a fan to keep it cool. So plan on a fan when installing into a surface craft to keep it cool whenever powered.

Also be aware that there has been some issues regarding the DJI v2 goggles and people getting them stuck in a mode that only allows them to bind to the new FPV DJI craft, NOT Vistas and Air Units. DJI put out a work around but it's not worked for some random users.

My goggles just came in after having on backorder for well over a month. Fortunately they activated, updated firmware and had no issue binding to a Vista.

Yes DJI leaves one with their Jaws open after seeing the video. There is nothing out there that can come close
to the visual (while driving/flying) experience. A buddy of mine let me dawn his for a full pack on his LD quad.
It was quite the pleasure :)
Me, I guess I never took the plunge, I'm happy with the analog and not too mention getting into
a DJI platform is a costly end result :) Had I stuck with drone racing I may have jumped into the DJI but I dabble in long range
flying and utilize 1.3 video as well.
I too am wanting to pop FPV on my Limit since beyond 200 yards seeing my cars is a challenge :)

You obviously haven't seen DJI goggle recordings
You are correct. I'm still on Fatshark, which works fine. I know the masses have been hopping over to DJI for the pretty picture despite the exorbitant cost. I boycott and trash talk DJI all I can because of their complicity with the FAA, doing great damage to the rest of the aerial FPV hobby over the last couple of years. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's because you haven't paid attention to the drama and polemics that have ruined flying (legally) here in the States.

Living in Europe i might look slightly differently at FAA complicity. Doggy company behavior aside they do make great products. Ever since i switched to digital, i hardly looked back.

Cost are exorbitant i agree, also see my initial reaction on this thread. I got a decent deal on the V1 goggles a year ago, which made it equally priced to a high-end fatshark/orca. And if i take in account MTBB of analog vtx's, the air units and vista's aren't really that expensive either. I just think you should start with low/mid grade fpv gear to see if it gives what you are looking for before you go high-end.

In Europe the rules for flying have changed drastically too, but yeah, their are people that make stupid rules, stupid companies that complicit and stupid people that fly irresponsible, making stupid rules necessary in the first place... And when something is too good to lose, people fill find a way. The hobby will survive i am certain of that.

At least with ground systems we can still have unlimited fun. FPV with cars is a real good time, and you can make old things new again. I like doing backyard track courses and "BVLOS" runs around the neighborhood in FPV. Any excuse for some RC time!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back