Warby's Rocky BRCC build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved the ESC off the rx box and mounted it directly to the chassis in attempt to lower the CG. I should have done it when I connected the new fan and servo to rx but didn't think of it. I love how easy these 1/10 are to work on.
20191214_084613.jpg

My wife and daughter suprised me with the 8s kraton for Christmas too it out of the box an I noticed that the diff fluid was leaking from the right side of the rear diff took it back to the hobby shop they wanted too repair it no thanks I want a new kraton it's new never use an it already broken out the box now waiting until January 8th for new kraton to come in

Attachments

• 20191227_165645.jpg
    20191227_165645.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 47
  • 20191225_083316.jpg
    20191225_083316.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 46
Moved the ESC off the rx box and mounted it directly to the chassis in attempt to lower the CG. I should have done it when I connected the new fan and servo to rx but didn't think of it. I love how easy these 1/10 are to work on.
View attachment 57147
Nice work! I’ll have to do that to my sons brcc. I like the motor fan too! We did the HR hub extensions and the MX 28’s. What a difference. I gotta figure out why it cuts out after a few minutes of bashing. These things rip!!! I was surprised for sure! My son beat my Kraton 6s off the line in our drag races. The brcc was walkin on my DHK Maximus running 6s. I’m going to get a brcc for myself haha

Yes I was surprised by the BRCC too. I didn't expect much from 3s. Fun isn't it. I'm still bloody waiting for my HR hubs.

Completed. All went well, no issues. Red loctite on axle threads. Also notice the capped hub nut has an oring in the thread to seal but will also help it from coming loose. Nice touch. Happy with the Hot Racing hubs so far.

20200103_194154.jpg

20200103_191651.jpg

20200103_200042.jpg

Also found this. Bit of a bummer but knew it may happen, a shock has lost its oil. Most of the oil by the look and feel.

20200103_184949.jpg
20200103_184910.jpg

20200103_185012.jpg

Last edited:
So noticed the rear of the body was damaged from inside. From hitting the shock tower possibly from a roof or tail end landing or two. Before it gets worse I've added some drywall tape and shoe goo.

20200105_150548.jpg

Also because the front shocks leaked I decided to try a mod I read on this forum somewhere. I replaced the spacer in the shock cylinder end/head (Arrma calls it a shock cartridge) with more orings. I have the original shocks from the Senton so removed and reused the orings from them. Reassemble using oring grease. So each shock now has 6 orings in it which has created more friction but I'll see how it goes. Used 800cst(60w) oil as that's all I had. Originally had 500cst.

Once fitted they seem a little slow to rebound compared to the rear but again I'll see how it goes when in use.

While i had the orings out I noticed the orings seem to be poorly manufactured. The inner diameter has imperfections, moulding tags still on them. This may be the reason they leaked.

Well time will tell if they leak again.

Last edited:
So the barrel nuts came loose in the HR hubs. Noticed it before they came apart and lost the parts. I did assemble them with red loctite as well. Have reassembled them with more loctite.

So the barrel nuts came loose in the HR hubs. Noticed it before they came apart and lost the parts. I did assemble them with red loctite as well. Have reassembled them with more loctite.
Make sure you give the theead lock 24 hours to cure. Blue should work fine and you might want to consider taking them out, and cleaning off the red. Those barrel nuts can strip pretty easy if they become welded in from red thread lock. Just a suggestion from past experience. New body is stunning btw???

Make sure you give the theead lock 24 hours to cure. Blue should work fine and you might want to consider taking them out, and cleaning off the red. Those barrel nuts can strip pretty easy if they become welded in from red thread lock. Just a suggestion from past experience. New body is stunning btw???

thanks

The body was off one of my sons old toy trucks. Saved the body when the rest went in the bin. Was just being silly but it fitted ok. It makes it a bit top heavy.

Well as you guys said, the MX28's and HR hubs have change Rocky for the better. Better handling, traction, less roll. I just ran it on an short cut lawn football oval and opened it up. She goes hard. Picks up front wheels even at top speeds. Those MX28's dug up the lawn leaving trenches (sorry grounds keeper).

Only con is it was getting hot. The motor and esc. I didn't have my temp gun but by feel. So I may add a second small fan to the motor heat sink as their is room and/or change the motor pinion gear to 13 or 14t. I think it has a 15t stock???

Last edited:
Yeah stock15t. A fan not a bad idea. I just got the yeah racing aluminum housing it will push some air. That grass doesn’t help temps either

Fitted a second 30mm fan to motor heat sink. Overhangs a little but got 2 screws in it. Hopefully helps keep temps down a bit. If not nothing lost.

20200123_185428 (2).jpg

Also the rear shocks leaked out most of their oil. I haven't even been using it as I've been running my Kraton. As I said above, I had already resealed the fronts by adding extra orings to replace the spacer and so far they have not leaked (y) (y) . With the rears I didn't have enough orings to completely replaced the spacer so I just filed the spacer down to about 1/4 - 1/3 its original length. Used 4 orings per shock this time and assembled with oring grease.

As usual, time will tell if this works. ?

Last edited:
Fitted a second 30mm fan to motor heat sink. Overhangs a little but got 2 screws in it. Hopefully helps keep temps down a bit. If not nothing lost.

View attachment 62078

Also the rear shocks leaked out most of their oil. I haven't even been using it as I've been running my Kraton. As I said above, I had already resealed the fronts by adding extra orings to replace the spacer and so far they have not leaked (y) (y) . With the rears I didn't have enough orings to completely replaced the spacer so I just filed the spacer down to about 1/4 - 1/3 its original length. Used 4 orings per shock this time and assembled with oring grease.

As usual, time will tell if this works. ?
I did the same thing to get a second fan on my Typhon 3S

Also the front shocks started leaking lots so I decided to try a mod I read on this forum somewhere. I replaced the spacer in the shock cylinder end/head (Arrma calls it a shock cartridge) with more orings. I have the original shocks from the Senton so removed and reused the orings from them. Reassemble using oring grease. So each shock now has 6 orings in it which has created more friction but I'll see how it goes. Used 800cst(60w) oil as that's all I had. Originally had 500cst.

Once fitted they seem a little slow to rebound compared to the rear but again I'll see how it goes when in use.

While i had the orings out I noticed the orings seem to be poorly manufactured. The inner diameter has imperfections, moulding tags still on them. This may be the reason they leaked.

Well time will tell if they leak again.

Update: The rear shocks started leaking too. So did the same mod as I did to the fronts but this time kept the spacer but grinding it shorter. Used only 4 orings instead of 6 like the fronts.

Have gone through a few pack doing street runs and also jumps off my big ramp in a field. So far no leaks in fronts or rears. This mod works.

After my last bash session found the front red alloy suspension pin mount had come off one pin and hanging loose. Easy fix. Plus a crack in front of body. Also a quick fix.

20200218_123557.jpg

20200218_122527.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back