Outcast Warm battery after running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry! I meant the motor fan you are using. I just got a new bigger phone so I'm getting used to the bigger keyboard so I made a mistake.
No problem. Just a cheap hobbywing 40mm, I had to squeeze it in a vice a little bit so it would hug the motor tight. Could probably do it with your hands, but I tend to overdo things when I use my hands... so many busted bolts... a vice gives you finer control.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00792P9WG

I also backed the screws out, then pinched the fins a bit so the screws bit in harder. They just bite into the sides of the fins a bit, so the fan can move side to side some if it's hitting something.

So I took my truck out for a bash with the new battery. After that run the battery was warm like the first one. Guess thats just how these are. Oh well....well now nees to look into a motor fan. Any suggestions?

So I took my truck out for a bash with the new battery. After that run the battery was warm like the first one. Guess thats just how these are. Oh well....well now nees to look into a motor fan. Any suggestions?

Yeah Racing twin tornado fans with heat sink. Good price and works great. Need a Y plug adapter though. I found a 5 pack of them on Ebay pretty cheap.

Yeah Racing twin tornado fans with heat sink. Good price and works great. Need a Y plug adapter though. I found a 5 pack of them on Ebay pretty cheap.

Ok.....i also want to know how the castle creations blower works on these? Do they do a adequate job?

Ok.....i also want to know how the castle creations blower works on these? Do they do a adequate job?
They are just that, a fan. The shroud is plastic, so it doesn't aid in wicking heat away. I run the single fan HobbyWing unit with a 40mm fan. I had to crimp it a bit in a vice so it would snug up to the smaller diameter motor in my outcast, but it seems to have dropped my temps by about 25-30F. Not bad for $10 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00792P9WG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back