Warning about RCJuice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krathead

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I recently bought a motor from RCJuice and after about 1 battery pack it stopped working properly. It is ok under a light load but when I give it a heavy load it cuts out. I put my original motor back in and everything is fine again. I contacted RCJuice and was told from the owner that I can return the motor but if a motor is found to be overheated then it will not be covered. He says a motor will never overheat from being defective but will be damaged from overheating. I have a background with industrial applications and have experience with motors going out. Almost any reason for a motor to go out will cause it to overheat. If it has a bad winding, a short in the winding, a bad bearing or anything causing vibration in the motor it can overheat and fail. Even a cold solder can cause the windings to overheat ( the smell gives it away). I will go as far as to say I can not remember ever seeing a motor go out that did not overheat on the way out. I understand that sometimes people abuse things and overheat motors and cause them to go bad but a brand new motor that goes out would be safe to assume it was defective. I explained to him that if this is his policy then he is denying a lot of valid claims, probably even most of them. This is when he stopped replying to my messages. I am out $80 for a motor that was bad pretty much from the start. Simply put he will probably not warranty a motor that you buy from him. I won't buy from him again and wanted to put this out so you can make your own informed decision.

That’s stinks; Which motor was it?

I will have to look back, but I believe I purchased my leopard 4092 1730kv from rcjuice.

I purchased a few things from RC juice. Mostly LiPO batteries and a few tools and light attachments, but in every case their stuff was really high quality, and when I had questions they were very quick to respond.

Hopefully the gentleman was just having an off day and your issue gets resolved.

It's our standard policy to get a product back for inspection when a warranty claim is made. We also, as a standard, like to notify people that any failure found to have been the result of anything OTHER than a defect will not be covered under warranty. We believe it is a reasonable request that a product be returned if being considered for replacement and we stand by that policy.

You told me your policy was to never warranty a motor that has been overheated. You claimed that a motor will never overheat because it was defective, that it will only be damaged due to overheating. This is just not true. You don't seem to want to deny it. I have the proof in your reply directly to me and if it is true then you will not warranty pretty much any motor that went out after 5 minutes of running. This is what I have issues with. I asked in the other thread if anyone has had a successful return of one of your motors. I heard crickets after that. That says it all. Your customer service is great until there is a problem. Then we are on our own. I don't want you to replace my motor at this point. I don't want a refund either. I just want to tell people honestly what my experience was with a defective motor from you. I have 5 RC trucks right now and have been in the hobby for a long time. I did not abuse that motor. I have never had a motor go out like that before. Your motor should have out performed the stock motor in every way but it went out first thing. The stock one went back in and had been running strong ever since. If this seems like a sore subject to me it is because it is. Lets just end it here. It is what it is.

Take this defamation thread down.... This is silly, and RC Juice has always been awesome for me.

Your argument is silly. Send it back and see what they find. You're being a pita of you ask me...

They're low margins on top of all else... I want to keep enjoying their low prices!

Last edited:
Take this defamation thread down.... This is silly,
Your argument is silly. And it back and see what they find. You're being a pita of you ask me...

I disagree with all of that. Nobody should have a problem reading both sides of the story.

Then you say- "RC Juice has always been awesome for me. I want to keep enjoying their low prices!"

Bias confirmed.

Rc juice doesn't like to fix problems he likes to block people horrible business practices he never even replied to us on the other thread where we tried to be cool and work it out but crickets once again. He likes to blame the customer for defective products.

I disagree with all of that. Nobody should have a problem reading both sides of the story.

Then you say- "RC Juice has always been awesome for me. I want to keep enjoying their low prices!"

Bias confirmed.
Wipe that little "bias confirmed" smirk off your face... ? They're a low margin site. Go somewhere else if you want to be treated like royalty when an engine burns up.

There was "no side" of the story until the op posted said story..

Sorry guys, as much as we'd like to it's tough to keep up on all threads/forums/media outlets, which is why we always suggest a direct e-mail to us as many other forms get missed for some time.
Our interest on forums is to help simply engage in the technical side of our hobby and offer help when we can, and as a general policy we do not discuss individual transactions in public. A direct e-mail to [email protected] is always the best way to get a hold of us.

V2 talion,rc juice powered since week one after spur blew up an eventually burned up blx system.never wined ,just went to hobby star system an loving it. RC juice battery powered too
0420192018a.jpg

rc juice is a great store I have been buying there for a few years and not a single problem I had a motor get lost in the mail and they were going to send me a replacement but it finally showed up, the hobbymate motors are great motors for the money

rc juice is a great store I have been buying there for a few years and not a single problem I had a motor get lost in the mail and they were going to send me a replacement but it finally showed up, the hobbymate motors are great motors for the money
Bot?

Dude keeps "accidently" banning me because my name is similar to someone who tried to "scam" him. So I gave up having to constantly email him to unban my account. He denies warranties on items all the time. I'm not the only one who gets blocked for nothing either. https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/1051386-rcjuice.html

Last edited:
I’ve only bought a few items. My Hobbystar fans are awesome. However, I had issues with a Radiolink RC6GS and they couldn’t help me.

I've had some of their batteries on storage charge for the past 6 months. still as balanced as the day I charged em. Their products are pretty sound is what my experience has been. That's even on an absolute basis and before before you get to the lower prices. The bang for the buck is just the icing on the cake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back