Granite WARNING: BORING VIDEO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I just can't say enough about the new Granite 3S BLX. I f**king love this truck. I will probably get slaughtered for saying this, but I think it is my favorite RC. Here are the reasons why:

1. You don't need to spend any additional money to make it "bash proof." All my 1/8 scales needed RPM this, HR that or Voltage Hobbies something or other. You can beat this truck and you will only tear up the body and the wheelie bar.

2. It goes anywhere. I have bashed it at the BMX track that has sent both my Typhon and my Kraton "behind the wall." It is perfect for the yard and for homemade ramps. It packs up and travels easily. You don't need a big space. It's my go to basher.

3. $299. Yes, $299. Best value in RC, bar none. If you have a better one, I am all ears.

4.It hauls ass. Yes, this little 1/10 scale is damn near 50 mph out of the box. No upgrades needed!

5. Since I've owned it it's the only RC that I haven't broken to the point where I needed to shut it down and order parts. Yes, the wheelie bar broke but it still runs perfectly.

I know I sound like a fanboi, but I love this truck. Now here is some really boring video of me running it in my yard, lol!

Last edited:
I'm the same way with any new truck, but I get what your saying. My little stampede 4x4 gets a lot of wheel time because it can take a retarded amount of abuse. I think it being so light is what really adds to the durability. It's very rare that I damage it so bad that it won't go anymore.

I'm the same way with any new truck, but I get what your saying. My little stampede 4x4 gets a lot of wheel time because it can take a retarded amount of abuse. I think it being so light is what really adds to the durability. It's very rare that I damage it so bad that it won't go anymore.
Lucky you my stampede breaks every time I take it out and it’s all upgraded. The only thing that’s preventing it from breaking now is i only run it on 2s

And... now I'm sad. I just started running 3S in mine. LOL!

Haven't broken anything yet, but with the speed it goes now... I may want to get some extra stuff on hand. :)

I gotta agree with you. I bought 7 RC cars this year, and this is my favorite. It was also the cheapest.

But it's faster than your 4s Outcast. And it jumps just as far. And it doesn't break. And it's $200 cheaper!

Boring video? @bicketybam if I'm ever in CT I'll bring my RC's and can have a boring day together! haha

You would be more that welcome! It's not a bad spot right on my property and this time last year is was nothing but woods filled with pricker bushes, rocks, leaves and tree limbs. I cleared it out this spring with the hopes of building a barn, but I ran out of steam. That depression in the ground was here when I bought the house and it makes a nice little jump. You have to roll into it though. If you carry any speed you plow into the other side, lol. This is the area:

20181020_105642.jpg
20181020_105601.jpg
20181020_105649.jpg
20181020_105635.jpg

I am going to fell a few of the trees to make it a little more open. There are also a ton of rocks. They must have buried a ton of them when they built the house because as I wear down the ground, more and more appear. A few are boulder sizeand I will probably add dirt and make jumps out of those.

Anyway, I call it boring because of my lame camera set up. It consists of a bar stool, which you can see, lol, a little plastic plaque stand that holds up my dead cat's memorial and my cell phone! My girlfriend is getting me a GoPro for Christmas so I can't go out and buy one, as much as I want to! Then I will be able to make some better videos like @olds97_lss. His videos are awesome (y)

That thing is pretty noisy! Your gear mesh set right? Sounds like it's really tight or something.

The mesh is pre set via mounting holes in the motor mount.

I agree it sounds loud, but it's hard to tell because it could just be the mic. That said, if you haven't checked your bearings in a while, I'd definitely check them out. I had the rear input shaft bearing go bad after just 2 batteries and since then I've had a couple of wheel bearings go out. The metal shielded bearings just don't last in dirt, and I swapped them all out to rubber-shielded.

I agree it sounds loud, but it's hard to tell because it could just be the mic. That said, if you haven't checked your bearings in a while, I'd definitely check them out. I had the rear input shaft bearing go bad after just 2 batteries and since then I've had a couple of wheel bearings go out. The metal shielded bearings just don't last in dirt, and I swapped them all out to rubber-shielded.

I replaced all the bearings straight away.

I do not recommend anything on the spur/pinion. Mesh is already super-tight, grease will just add drag/heat and cause any dirt in there to stick to the gears. Pinions with a plastic spur are meant to be run dry.

I use white lightning bicycle chain lube on spur/pinions. Quiets them down for a while and doesn't atract dirt like grease/oil does. It's a wax based lube. I gingerly put a drop or two on the spur as I spin it, then I let it dry overnight. Keeps it quiet for a bash or two.

As long as your not breaking, stripping anything and having fun it's all good to me damn the noise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back