Senton WARNING to all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeesterC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
Hello to all,

This is my first post here as I recently just purchased my senton a little over a week ago. First off let me say that I love this beast. I'm a hard core basher and needed something to hold up to the abuse and this senton does just that. I have a traxxas rustler, I know but it was my first rc in over 30 years, built it to be bullet proof so when I got my senton I already had a couple of traxxas 3c lipos. I ran them thru my senton and they puffed a little. These lipos only have a 25c rating and the senton is rated at 35c minimum. Didn't think much about the batteries puffing because all soft pack lipos will a little. Well, took the senton out last night for a little fun and ran my 2c lipos thru it until they were depleted then put the traxxas 3c lipos in and about 5 minutes into bashing and a couple of small jumps one decides to let go. POOF!!! Up in flames one of the batteries went. Costing me around $100 to repair the damage. The roll cage, center differential cover, battery tray, battery straps and body were all destroyed by the fire. So, so glad that I was able to get two of the body clips out and toss the car till the batteries fell out and didn't do more damage or destroy the whole car.
MY WARNING IS AS FOLLOWS..........PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T RUN ANY 25C RATING LIPOS IN THESE TRUCKS. THESE TUCKS PULL SO MUCH POWER THAT THEY WILL CAUSE THE LOWER RATED BATTERIES TO OVERHEAT, SWELL AND POSSIBLY CATCH FIRE LIKE MINE DID. ONLY USE LIPOS RATED AT THE MINIMUM OF 35C PER RECOMMENDED BY MANUFACTURER OR ABOVE............ THANK YOU.

Attachments

• 20170405_152123.jpg
    20170405_152123.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 20170405_152131.jpg
    20170405_152131.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 112
thanks for the heads up. I bought a used senton and the its 30C 6S battery had 1 puffed cell. I previously thought that it suffered an impact to that cell during the previous owner's bashing, but now i have more to consider. I've removed the dead cell and split the remaining into a 2S and 3S battery. I think i'll leave those for the slash and only do above 35C for the Senton. Thanks!!!

Congratulations on the senton purchase. Yeah, I found out the hard way! At the time I only had 25c lipos and the minimum on these bad boys is 35c. Good luck with it! If this helps only one person then I'm happy......lol.

We only run 50c minimum on all our Arrma stuff. Power hobby makes decently priced batteries. If you're gonna go with 2 3s in series do what I do, Velcro them together, and put them in right side up. I've spent a few packs rubbing on the spur gear.

We only run 50c minimum on all our Arrma stuff. Power hobby makes decently priced batteries. If you're gonna go with 2 3s in series do what I do, Velcro them together, and put them in right side up. I've spent a few packs rubbing on the spur gear.
Thanks for the idea but I use the plastic pieces that came with the truck for holding the batteries together. They fit nicely under the straps and work perfectly. Learned this the hard way also by getting spur gear rub on an $80 battery myself, brand new on the first run.

Thanks for the idea but I use the plastic pieces that came with the truck for holding the batteries together. They fit nicely under the straps and work perfectly. Learned this the hard way also by getting spur gear rub on an $80 battery myself, brand new on the first run.
I use the hold downs too. Having the velcroed together helps identify the 6s packs too. We have so many rc's its hard to keep track of the batteries sometimes.

I use the hold downs too. Having the velcroed together helps identify the 6s packs too. We have so many rc's its hard to keep track of the batteries sometimes.
Didn't think of it that way..... I only have two cars, a traxxas rustler that is now bullet proof from all the upgrades and was my first rc and my senton which I love because its a 4x4 and bullet proof. Just wish it jumped better without the nose dives......lol.

Didn't think of it that way..... I only have two cars, a traxxas rustler that is now bullet proof from all the upgrades and was my first rc and my senton which I love because its a 4x4 and bullet proof. Just wish it jumped better without the nose dives......lol.
The Senton nose dives?

Oh yeah, pretty bad on 4c's but does do better on 6c's but way to fast for me, especially in the dirt that I run on.........lol
Try some tires with more rotating mass. My Senton does backflips with Duratrax lockups on it. They're nice thick rubber giving it better handling when the tires are off the ground.

Try some tires with more rotating mass. My Senton does backflips with Duratrax lockups on it. They're nice thick rubber giving it better handling when the tires are off the ground.
Cool, that's awesome! Thanks for the info! Will definitely give it a try.

senton has potential for backflips but the body will hinder its abilities. You need goood airflow and the body stops all that unfortunately . If you must give it some breathing channels its an SCT it can handle a bit but not F. loads.

senton has potential for backflips but the body will hinder its abilities. You need goood airflow and the body stops all that unfortunately . If you must give it some breathing channels its an SCT it can handle a bit but not F. loads.
I have the newer one that had all the vent holes cut out already and it still nose dived. I'm going to try a pro line VW Baja body and some buggy wheels to see what it will do. I need a good body anyhow and some decent dirt tires. Will find out if any of this helps or not.

If the rear is bottoming harder than the front on the face of the jump it can kick the rear up and cause a nose dive. Thicker fluid in the rear shocks could help combat this, it worked for me in my Losi short course buggy.

Thanks for the info. Was thinking the same thing and possibly going with maybe 60w in the rear and 40w in the fronts. Shocks do play a part in how the truck launches from a jump.

I have been running two Onyx 3S 5'000MAH 25C LiPo'so in my Nero, I have only ran it now around 6X. I can also puff this same LiPo in my Slash 2WD VXL running the old 2-pole Velineon VXL motor. Maybe I'm not being hard enough on the Nero so as to cause excessive heat in the 25C LiPo's. I do love how the stock front tires like cutting pizza, it's pretty awesome in blast mode!!! I love the SCT trucks, so I will be getting the Senton ASAP!!! ;}

I have been running two Onyx 3S 5'000MAH 25C LiPo'so in my Nero, I have only ran it now around 6X. I can also puff this same LiPo in my Slash 2WD VXL running the old 2-pole Velineon VXL motor. Maybe I'm not being hard enough on the Nero so as to cause excessive heat in the 25C LiPo's. I do love how the stock front tires like cutting pizza, it's pretty awesome in blast mode!!! I love the SCT trucks, so I will be getting the Senton ASAP!!! ;}
Good to hear you're getting a senton, they're a blast and can really take a beating! I'd keep a close eye on your car when running anything under a 35c. Arrma recommends at minimum a 35c. When I ran the 25c lipos I was bashing hard jumping and wide open throttle runs. The senton is one heck of a beast on 6c's and I do mean a beast. 6c's have cost me two sets of tires, fronts and rears twice after a few runs on the asphalt just seeing what it can do. It will lay black marks from the tires.......lol.

Good to hear you're getting a senton, they're a blast and can really take a beating! I'd keep a close eye on your car when running anything under a 35c. Arrma recommends at minimum a 35c. When I ran the 25c lipos I was bashing hard jumping and wide open throttle runs. The senton is one heck of a beast on 6c's and I do mean a beast. 6c's have cost me two sets of tires, fronts and rears twice after a few runs on the asphalt just seeing what it can do. It will lay black marks from the tires.......lol.
Try the HPI 103337 belted Maxxis tires on DE racing wheels. We have a few 6s short course rigs that just love them on the pavement

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back