Big Rock Warranty claim in Australia for dead stock servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincentricity

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi,

I searched & read similar claims, but none the wiser on how to go about it for those who live in Australia.
Arrma's warranty page stated not to chase up our local hobby shop.
I ended up using the Arrma Virtual Assistant and got a case number, but nothing has come through my email yet.

The stock Spektrum SPMS651 died after 14 months of use, a Big Rock V3 running mainly on grass at local parks and sport ovals.
I confirmed the ESC & radio are fine, when I swapped out the bad servo with a JX Ecoboost.

Does anyone know a better way to claim warranty in Australia

Kind Regards,

Vincent.

Dang.. might be a new record for that servo at 14 months!! 🥳
You will just have to wait to hear back.. u can go ahead with the replacement but I would save it for backup and invest in a quality servo!!

Dang.. might be a new record for that servo at 14 months!! 🥳
You will just have to wait to hear back.. u can go ahead with the replacement but I would save it for backup and invest in a quality servo!!
The Spekrum servo in my Torment is still stock and that was new in 2015-2016.

In all honestly idk if I would bother with a warranty on the stock servos, the next one could only last a day or it could last a year it really is a crapshoot.

Thank you for the replies.

I'm not holding my breath for it, still have not receive any correspondance from Arrma Live Assistant.
The price for a replacement SPMS651 in Australia is approx. $80 for new.

It's probably how Arrma make their profit by making the warranty process that much challenging for those outside of North America.

Thank you for the replies.

I'm not holding my breath for it, still have not receive any correspondance from Arrma Live Assistant.
The price for a replacement SPMS651 in Australia is approx. $80 for new.

It's probably how Arrma make their profit by making the warranty process that much challenging for those outside of North America.
You emailed customer support at horizon hobby!? 80 dollars!!! Have u looked on jennysrc.com!? 😳
Must be AUD!! 🤣
They ain't worth the 40 here.. id invest in a better quality servo that's for sure!!

Have anything like Amazon down under, or evil bay? Look for very good cheap servos there. Some really good servos at very reasonable prices. Do not need a big power house.

In order to make a warranty claim you need to go to Horizon Hobby page and click on the contact us at the bottom of the page. Fill in your info and check the warranty claim box. It will ask specifics on your vehicle and purchase date. I've made two claims and heard back within 2 days of each claim and a replacement was immediately sent out. It was no hassle service. The virtual assistant will get you no where on a warranty claim.

In order to make a warranty claim you need to go to Horizon Hobby page and click on the contact us at the bottom of the page. Fill in your info and check the warranty claim box. It will ask specifics on your vehicle and purchase date. I've made two claims and heard back within 2 days of each claim and a replacement was immediately sent out. It was no hassle service. The virtual assistant will get you no where on a warranty claim.
Thank you RC fanatic for sharing your experience, I'll definitely do that next time.
To my surprise, [email protected] has reached out via email after 4 working days, I'll keep everyone posted with the outcome.

Thank you RC fanatic for sharing your experience, I'll definitely do that next time.
To my surprise, [email protected] has reached out via email after 4 working days, I'll keep everyone posted with the outcome.
They got you bro.. excellent customer service!! For the honest man.. none of them finesser's!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back