Warranty motor Front bearing shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtnasty92

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So front bear shot which stripped out spur gear will arrma warranty both only had like two months front shaft moves alot side to side and up and down why do they so poopy of bearings on a decently pricey RC car will be definitely contacting them pretty pretty pissed off

Attachments

• 15449941868086947956338447222465.jpg
    15449941868086947956338447222465.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 76
She done for

Attachments

• 15449953292201052323785737320890.jpg
    15449953292201052323785737320890.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 85
They should replace but might want some pictures [which you already have]...

Horizon Hobby replaced two motors in the first month or so of buying my Granite Mega. The first replacement was for the original motor which developed a side to side movement of the motor shaft. They also replaced the spur gear which got chewed up because of the motor shaft problem.

I understand being upset, I know I was, but try to keep it cordial and factual and you should do just fine.

Thanks guys for all the help called them and got all paperwork ready to ship out and we shall see

What is the he best bearings to use? Should these be changed in factory motors and aftermarket?

What is the he best bearings to use? Should these be changed in factory motors and aftermarket?
From things I have heard and some personal experience stainless hybrid ceramic is your best bet. However I do not know what size the bearings are for the BLX100 motor. You don't have to change them out right away wait until the stock ones start to show signs of wear.

I was to the point of trying some ceramic bearings in my low budget motors, but I couldn't justify, just yet, putting one bearing in that cost roughly 1/3 the price of the whole motor. Putting in a second ceramic bearing, and I would have about $24 worth of bearings in a $20~$35 motor :rolleyes:. I opted for some ABEC-5 chrome steel bearings solely on price. I couldn't be happier.

Brushless motors still need maintenance. I run in some very dusty conditions and I have a 20 run maintenance schedule that I try to stick to. I used to do bearing clean/relube every 30 days, and shocks every 15. I still had a blown bearings every once in awhile so I combined my clean/rebuild/relube schedule.

Bearings are the lifeline of your RC...show them some love ;)

I think that most problems would be because of bearing tolerances. And if good bearings cost then the cost of better motors would be part of that cost. I am going to purchase a aftermarket motor and replacing g the bearings would be a good thing for life and durability

Where Could i go to find what bearing i need for my 3200kva blx motor? I need the same output shaft bearing. Just not sure if its the same size as yalls motor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back