Warranty motor Front bearing shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some have said that the oe motor mount does a bad job with the preset pinion mesh design and is too tight causing bearings to fail. Also the cast motor mount will tweak and bend when bashing and this will contribute much to tight or miss aligned pinion/spur mesh, thus damaging the pinion side bearing. Arrma makes an optional (4S) upgrade machined motor mount that slides to make proper mesh like traditional motor mounts. Some food for thought.

Some have said that the oe motor mount does a bad job with the preset pinion mesh design and is too tight causing bearings to fail. Also the cast motor mount will tweak and bend when bashing and this will contribute much to tight or miss aligned pinion/spur mesh, thus damaging the pinion side bearing. Arrma makes an optional (4S) upgrade machined motor mount that slides to make proper mesh like traditional motor mounts. Some food for thought.

Man this shame poop happened to me.
Bent motor mount and a stripped spur gear. Leading to a blown front motor bearing

Thanks a bunch!

I took everything apart last night when my parts came in. It took me way too long to get the outer race of the fwd bearing out of the motor.
Only to realize the front and rear bearings are different sizes. So now i have 5 bearings for the rear, one installed (good) and 4 new ones. But nothing in the front. Looks to be a bigger OD

Must have gotten hot when it failed because it felt like someone welded it in there! Kind of difficult to access also so that added to the fun.(first pic)

2nd and 3rd pic is the dissasembled remains of the old bearing siting next to a new 5x13x4

Attachments

• 20191211_162657.jpg
    20191211_162657.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20191211_180618.jpg
    20191211_180618.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20191211_180636.jpg
    20191211_180636.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 39
I took everything apart last night when my parts came in. It took me way too long to get the outer race of the fwd bearing out of the motor.
Only to realize the front and rear bearings are different sizes. So now i have 5 bearings for the rear, one installed (good) and 4 new ones. But nothing in the front. Looks to be a bigger OD

Must have gotten hot when it failed because it felt like someone welded it in there! Kind of difficult to access also so that added to the fun.(first pic)

2nd and 3rd pic is the dissasembled remains of the old bearing siting next to a new 5x13x4
Is that the BLX100 motor? Both bearings are supposed to be the same size 5x13x4 iirc.

BLX185 is 5x13x4 in the front 5X16X5 in the end cap.

Last edited:

Newer motors may have a bigger bearing in the front as Arrmas fix for the bad bearings issue. If that's the case I am sorry that the link I gave you to the bearings you ordered aren't completely the right ones. The front does look to be a 5X16X5 bearing from your pics but I wouldn't want to lead you wrong again.

Newer motors may have a bigger bearing in the front as Arrmas fix for the bad bearings issue. If that's the case I am sorry that the link I gave you to the bearings you ordered aren't completely the right ones. The front does look to be a 5X16X5 bearing from your pics but I wouldn't want to lead you wrong again.
Youre right. Took it up to my go to hobby shop and they had one bearing matching the 5x16x5. But it was ceramic. They only charged me $11 and its running super good! They guys at the hobby shop were stumped. They never saw a box like this with a big front bearing.

But Didnt see temps above 101 degrees after a nice break in session.( i for sure went too hard, it was a wet road so i did a bunch of donuts at almost 100%)

Stock bearings of arrmas for the 3-4s line are crap the slipper pawder gets inside the front bearing and pretty much causes is demise. Change for a sealed bearing or a ceramic one
Horizon will warranty a motor with a blown bearing they did it twice for me

Stock bearings of arrmas for the 3-4s line are crap the slipper pawder gets inside the front bearing and pretty much causes is demise. Change for a sealed bearing or a ceramic one
Horizon will warranty a motor with a blown bearing they did it twice for me
Twice? Alright. Im expecting my first waruntee in the mail. Never a bad thing to rebuild the old and have an extra!

The hobby shop near me only had my fwd bearing in ceramic. And only $11!

I destroyed a 3S motor in a collision but all three of my 4S motors are just fine. Even the one I run on 6S.

Twice? Alright. Im expecting my first waruntee in the mail. Never a bad thing to rebuild the old and have an extra!

The hobby shop near me only had my fwd bearing in ceramic. And only $11!
Just remplace the bearings of any arrma motor just to be safe..
One of my motors had broken windings inside and still runs fine... but i don't trust it

Its on borrowed time. Run it till she blows. Get your moneys worth out of that motor/armature. It might surprise you and last longer than you think.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back