Typhon Warranty thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpinRush_C1

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have yet to read any details about Arrma’s 2 Year Limited Warranty. TBH, I can’t imagine how they cover these cars with they way they are driven and handled. Has anyone here ever sent in their cars to make a claim? With all the variables, how would they identify what caused what issue. Of course, I know if I drove off the side of a dam trying to drive straight down, that’s probably on me. However if I roll it, jump it, bump it, and something breaks, I just can’t imagine. I would like to hear some of your thoughts about this.

Call who? Arrma or where is was purchased?

Their warranty from my experience has been great. Obviously if something breaks due to driver error (which is the definition of my driving lol) I don’t expect them to cover it, nor have I tried. But, any other issues I’ve had they’ve always replaced parts no questions asked. Warranty should not be confused with “full coverage” insurance like on an automobile is the way I look at it.

I have yet to read any details about Arrma’s 2 Year Limited Warranty. TBH, I can’t imagine how they cover these cars with they way they are driven and handled. Has anyone here ever sent in their cars to make a claim? With all the variables, how would they identify what caused what issue. Of course, I know if I drove off the side of a dam trying to drive straight down, that’s probably on me. However if I roll it, jump it, bump it, and something breaks, I just can’t imagine. I would like to hear some of your thoughts about this.
Bought my Typhon 6s v3 on Nov 2019. Servo went bad after first run. Called Horizon Hobby. Got one 3 days later. ESC went bad last week. Same thing. I'll have one in tomorrow. They don't even ask me how I'm driving or anything like that. The second time was even easier BC they didn't even ask for pictures. I'm very satisfied ?. One of the reasons I have the Typhon, Outcast and Kraton. I've broken many wing mounts and other suspension parts, but I didn't even try with those kinds of things. I know it's mostly my fault ?.

I had a esc replaced no problem at all. I think they know within reason what's what when it comes to warranty claims.

Horizon Hobby
Hahahahaha haha, I’m so sorry, but I have to say this. BWahahahhahaaa
@Outcastblxnut. Your quote says “Think before you do something stupid!!!” I guess that means someone thought of something stupid, before they did it.

I’m going to change the way I speak from now on. I’ve got a good / nice idea -> Hey guys, I’ve got a really stupid idea.

I had 4 times horizon sended me stuff.
1. Motor remplacement because original motor bearing failed
2.bearing in my diff seized or overheated under normal use and melted its surrounding causing diff failure
3.bent motor mount
4.esc started to not run right after the forst snow bash
Horizon hobby customer service is one of the best i ever had to deal with. They even have put a back order on an upgraded part without i even mentionned it. I just hope some dump people don't start abusing the system because they broke something on a 60mph head on crash for example. The warranty doesn't cover crash damage but the unfortunate events who are not really your fault like a motor failure esc or anything else
Bought my Typhon 6s v3 on Nov 2019. Servo went bad after first run. Called Horizon Hobby. Got one 3 days later. ESC went bad last week. Same thing. I'll have one in tomorrow. They don't even ask me how I'm driving or anything like that. The second time was even easier BC they didn't even ask for pictures. I'm very satisfied ?. One of the reasons I have the Typhon, Outcast and Kraton. I've broken many wing mounts and other suspension parts, but I didn't even try with those kinds of things. I know it's mostly my fault ?.
don't abuse the system just events that are not your fault you should claim only.
With traxxas they wanted me to send up my esc and motor? What i wont wait a month an a half for that shi t esc (3s venileon esc) i fixed it myself had a massive gphole on the epoxy and water was shorting things out

2.bearing in my diff seized or overheated under normal use and melted its surrounding causing diff failure
3.bent motor mount
Horizon hobby customer service is one of the best i ever had to deal with. They even have put a back order on an upgraded part without i even mentionned it. I just hope some dump people don't start abusing the system because they broke something on a 60mph head on crash for example. The warranty doesn't cover crash damage but the unfortunate events who are not really your fault like a motor failure esc or anything else

don't abuse the system just events that are not your fault you should claim only.
With traxxas they wanted me to send up my esc and motor? What i wont wait a month an a half for that shi t esc (3s venileon esc) i fixed it myself had a massive gphole on the epoxy and water was shorting things out
There are people who do take advantage of the warranty. I see posts on the Facebook groups all of the time from guys running into stuff then claiming a warranty....................
3.bent motor mount

The Velineon esc isn't bad as long as it is in a smaller sized or a 2wd vehicle, it's too small for a 1/10 4x4 truck for sure. I run actually run the VXL3s system in 1/10 esc Ruckus on 2s and it is perfect.

Horizon's warranty is great. They've replaced stuff I had no business asking for (and I was promptly put in my place for asking by some senior members here).That being said, I've learned to back off making claims unless I truly feel that there was nothing I did that would cause specific peril. I have also spent my fair share on new Arrma parts, whether purchased through my lhs, Ebay, Amazon or Jennys. Parts is where the money is, so I know I haven't shorted them in any way. Will I still make claims. Absolutely. I have a new Typhon 6s and 3s, so there's a good chance some claims will be made. As far as the Notorious goes, Horizon and I have done all that can be done, and I thank them for it.

There are people who do take advantage of the warranty. I see posts on the Facebook groups all of the time from guys running into stuff then claiming a warranty....................

The Velineon esc isn't bad as long as it is in a smaller sized or a 2wd vehicle, it's too small for a 1/10 4x4 truck for sure. I run actually run the VXL3s system in 1/10 esc Ruckus on 2s and it is perfect.
Its a shame really they don't deserve owning an arrma rc car its just ruining something who is good. We can never have nice things.
But i think horizon now wont cover like arms or hubs maybe because of the stx2 and car goes full speed into a post or something that i can understand the stx2 is hurting horizon more than they get money for cheaping on the radio

Horizon's warranty is great. They've replaced stuff I had no business asking for (and I was promptly put in my place for asking by some senior members here).That being said, I've learned to back off making claims unless I truly feel that there was nothing I did that would cause specific peril. I have also spent my fair share on new Arrma parts, whether purchased through my lhs, Ebay, Amazon or Jennys. Parts is where the money is, so I know I haven't shorted them in any way. Will I still make claims. Absolutely. I have a new Typhon 6s and 3s, so there's a good chance some claims will be made. As far as the Notorious goes, Horizon and I have done all that can be done, and I thank them for it.
My hero ❤️??

I blew up my motor on my Outcast 6s V2 and the servo on my Kraton 6s (both on the last bash session). Debating whether I should try to warranty these items or not. I've already warrantied the ESC and servo on my typhon 6s. All vehicles were bought new towards the end of last year. Thoughts? Or would it be abuse? I was jumping into concrete to be sencere off my ramp.

I blew up my motor on my Outcast 6s V2 and the servo on my Kraton 6s (both on the last bash session). Debating whether I should try to warranty these items or not. I've already warrantied the ESC and servo on my typhon 6s. All vehicles were bought new towards the end of last year. Thoughts? Or would it be abuse? I was jumping into concrete to be sencere off my ramp.
I would do the motor for sure, but I wouldn't bother with the servos, they aren't that great anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back