Typhon Warranty thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right you can get decent servos for like $10 it will cost you about $7 to ship the old servo back.
Yes sir ? the power hd servo is brilliant and the cheap ones from amazon seem to be getting a lot of great credit. Can't remember the brand but they are 20 dollars or something like that ?

They didn't ask for the other servo that blew up on me.
Oh I know with my ESC and my receiver they made me send them in. I just assumed the servo would also have to be sent in.

Oh I know with my ESC and my receiver they made me send them in. I just assumed the servo would also have to be sent in.
They didn't ask for the ESC that they replaced either.
I would do the motor for sure, but I wouldn't bother with the servos, they aren't that great anyway.
I bought the Outcast 6s off ebay when Amain was having the $399 sale on the V2. I don't know if I can get a proof of purchase from Ebay since it was a while back but I can try. The motor is pretty cheap at Jenny's.

They didn't ask for the ESC that they replaced either.

I bought the Outcast 6s off ebay when Amain was having the $399 sale on the V2. I don't know if I can get a proof of purchase from Ebay since it was a while back but I can try. The motor is pretty cheap at Jenny's.
What the heck.

Maybe because it's the second thing that broke? IDK. I'm calling them about my motor on my Outcast 6s today
Oh I didn't call I used the service request form option on the horizon website.

I always found it better to call and talk directly... you can speak the situation a lot easier than type it. Half the time, as for his case, didn’t even need to send stuff in.

I always found it better to call and talk directly... you can speak the situation a lot easier than type it. Half the time, as for his case, didn’t even need to send stuff in.
I'll have to remember that.

I'll have to remember that.
Yup. They call you back BC the wait time is usually more than 1 hr. But you just explain what happened and BAM. They send you a part with not much fuss. I'm already in the system, so it's even easier.

The second day with my Typhon 3s BLX the servo acted dizzy so it was warranted through my local hobby shop. 4th run within 2min the motor seized up, now they're warranting that out aswell. I've realized that parts packaged individually tend to have better quality control than having the vehicle put together than go through quality control. Because they're not gonna play with the car first and are in a hurry to make the whole car and getting them out to Hobby shops and customers. I think the parts individually get individual attention in quality control. If it cost the same or even cheaper to buy and put it together piece by piece there would probably be half the warranty issues. IMO
Wish I didnt know this, but Horizon Hobby has a good warranty and have had no problems warranting through my LHS.
They didn't ask for the other servo that blew up on me.
That's cool cause when I warranty out through my LHS they need the part being replaced. Maybe I should go through Horizon Hobby so i can work on the old part a d use it for my frankencar. Lol

Last edited:
I have yet to read any details about Arrma’s 2 Year Limited Warranty. TBH, I can’t imagine how they cover these cars with they way they are driven and handled. Has anyone here ever sent in their cars to make a claim? With all the variables, how would they identify what caused what issue. Of course, I know if I drove off the side of a dam trying to drive straight down, that’s probably on me. However if I roll it, jump it, bump it, and something breaks, I just can’t imagine. I would like to hear some of your thoughts about this.
Everything is a case by case basis. I wore out my rear diff gear doing speed runs in my street with my Typhon 3S with in two weeks of purchase and also went through a set of tires. Its brand new. All stock. 3s batteries. No bashing. I love this thing! Called Jeff at ARRMA cust. service in California and he filed a claim for me. Told him I want to upgrade to better parts so I can avoid this in the future and he is going to order them for me. He will help you with anything you need. Questions, available parts, etc. Very happy with ARRMA cust. service. Jeff is the man! Thanks ARRMA! You have a customer for life!

Their warranty and customer service is top notch IMO. I’ve gotten complete diffs, pinions, transmitter/receiver. They have been very helpful.

Bought my Typhon 6s v3 on Nov 2019. Servo went bad after first run. Called Horizon Hobby. Got one 3 days later. ESC went bad last week. Same thing. I'll have one in tomorrow. They don't even ask me how I'm driving or anything like that. The second time was even easier BC they didn't even ask for pictures. I'm very satisfied ?. One of the reasons I have the Typhon, Outcast and Kraton. I've broken many wing mounts and other suspension parts, but I didn't even try with those kinds of things. I know it's mostly my fault ?.
Broke my wing mount aswell when I was doing wheelies in 42° weather due to plastic being brittle in the cold. Could have warranted out because the screws holding them in broke aswell, but just bought the rpm wing mounts and back up OEM mounts incase. On my typhon, the second day the servo went berserk, so warranty again and bought a backup eco servo incase. Now the 2nd outing within 2 min the motor seized up at the end of December and now waiting for the replacement from my local hobbyshop. Love the performance of it but only got to run it 3 times since Christmas. Grrrrrr. I work retail and if someone has warranty on their items and it doesn't work we can replace with what we have in stock and send the other back. Just wish the hobby shops could do the same. There is a 3s BLX motor sitting in the case that's been there since mine seized. I ha thg e going in seeing that motor not getting use when I could use it. Lol

I have yet to read any details about Arrma’s 2 Year Limited Warranty. TBH, I can’t imagine how they cover these cars with they way they are driven and handled. Has anyone here ever sent in their cars to make a claim? With all the variables, how would they identify what caused what issue. Of course, I know if I drove off the side of a dam trying to drive straight down, that’s probably on me. However if I roll it, jump it, bump it, and something breaks, I just can’t imagine. I would like to hear some of your thoughts about this.
do warranties work on products bought from amazon?
do warranties work on products bought from amazon?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back