Typhon Was going to keep stock out of the box, but.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmallit

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I drive it till the wheel fell off so I’ll be headed to the local shop to pick up a nut and I’m sure something else cause you can’t just go in and get what you need.
Currently it’s a stock 6s v5 and running 6s 5200 batteries. I’ve been looking at motors and ESC combos so let’s see what they have. Right now just tearing up the back yard annoying the dogs so I don’t need more power really, famous last words.

I have a 4092 in my typhon ? and it fits fine ? and then you have more than enough power.
those motors are also not very expensive ? but otherwise do fine.
and just have a blx185

Last edited:
If you want to upgrade something or generally throw money at it, I'd go for something else than the Motor+ESC combo.

Some upgrades to consider: Quality tools or extra batteries if you're not fully set yet. Aluminum chassis braces, PPS motor mount, better servo for when the stock one fails, new radio that can bind to multiple receivers.

Thanks all for the feedback. Appreciate it and will take it with me to the shop tomorrow. They were closed for the 1st.
I am set on tools and batteries for now, and just ordered the pps mount. I was looking at the new radio so might end up with that anyway.
I’ll keep this post updated.

You will really like it, if I need to pull my center diff out, I turn my adjustment screw out 4 turns, work on the car, turn my adjustment screw in 4 turns and the pinion gear is set perfect just like it was before

The whole set-up fits like a glove, my only complaint, it does not come in red, lol

Latest update:
Just got the mount in the mail today since it seems the postal service is running behind still. In the mean time I also ordered some different wheel nuts to hold it together a bit more.

I also picked up a DX5C last week from the local shop and got that all switched over, but after I got the wheels put back n yesterday and turned it on I found that the car is trying to steer on its own. Not a tracking issue, but actually the servo is turning on its own. I am going to assume I am doing something wrong and will be looking into it more.

I did manage to get it out and tear up the back yard a little, but the dogs let them self out grabbed the front tire and sliced through it as I tried to drive it away the foam insert flew out of the tire. I just ordered some Badlands m2s that should hopefully be here soon. It has been a fun, but admittedly frustrating reentry to RC, but all caused by me haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back