Kraton Washing off my kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1FredR1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Can someone tell me (i know they say its waterproof ) if it is recommended to wash my kraton off with a waterhose ?

i rinse mine off with a garden spray hose on the shower setting, but i avoid direct contact with the electronics, then i dry it straight away with a blower, compressed air would work as well

You can spray it off but your screws and other metal parts will rust.

Give it a light spray with wd40 after washing and drying. Wipe wd40 all over plastic and bottom of rc then lube all metal to metal contact places and you should be good to go. Avoid spraying water or wd40 directly into your esc. Your going to want to clean and re lube your bearings. Don't want them rusting up on ya.

Last edited:
Give it a light spray with wd40 after washing and drying. Wipe wd40 all over plastic and bottom of rc then lube all metal to metal contact places and you should be good to go. Avoid spraying water or wd40 directly into your esc. Your going to want to clean and re lube your bearings. Don't want them rusting up on ya.
You do realize that WD40 is water based right? WD40 can cause other problems due to this, plus it will actually dry up. I use PB Blaster, it's a penetrating lube and prevents rust. Works great for all metal moving parts and joints. Plus it will free up stuck bearings if you soak them in it. Just my opinion though and it works for me.

You do realize that WD40 is water based right? WD40 can cause other problems due to this, plus it will actually dry up. I use PB Blaster, it's a penetrating lube and prevents rust. Works great for all metal moving parts and joints. Plus it will free up stuck bearings if you soak them in it. Just my opinion though and it works for me.
Yes I do know that. It works for me and I haven't had a problem with it yet but I'm willing to try what your using. I'm not totally set in my ways lol.

Yes I do know that. It works for me and I haven't had a problem with it yet but I'm willing to try what your using. I'm not totally set in my ways lol.
I'm just trying to be helpful so please don't take it wrong. I have been working on real cars for over 30 years and know a few of the ins and outs......lol. WD40, because of the water base, can cause more problems than it's worth. For example if you're trying to free up a rusted bolt or nut and use wd40 and it doesn't free up right away and you let it sit say over night or so there will be even more rust and corrosion. It does have it's purposes but with the abuse and way we bash our rigs, better quality stuff means less downtime. PB Blaster is an oil base so it doesn't wash away with water, prevents rust and it's a lubricant, win win....

I'm just trying to be helpful so please don't take it wrong. I have been working on real cars for over 30 years and know a few of the ins and outs......lol. WD40, because of the water base, can cause more problems than it's worth. For example if you're trying to free up a rusted bolt or nut and use wd40 and it doesn't free up right away and you let it sit say over night or so there will be even more rust and corrosion. It does have it's purposes but with the abuse and way we bash our rigs, better quality stuff means less downtime. PB Blaster is an oil base so it doesn't wash away with water, prevents rust and it's a lubricant, win win....
No problems here lol. I was just reading up on it and sounds like I'll have to pick some up. Not a bad price from Walmart. I'm willing to give it a shot lol. Thanks for the help buddy!

No problems here lol. I was just reading up on it and sounds like I'll have to pick some up. Not a bad price from Walmart. I'm willing to give it a shot lol. Thanks for the help buddy!
Cool, I think you'll like it.

Anything to prevent rust. Haven't been running it in that much water but I do plan on doing lots of snow runs maybe even a little bashing lol. What do you use to help better water proof your stuff?

Only thing that I had to worry about was the crappy servo I changed. Replaced with a savox, used clear plasti-dip spray and an 'o' ring, clear engine enamel works to.

WD40 is not water based. It's an old wives tale.

AB932B7C-7038-4A6F-9984-9B404796B0BE.jpeg

I have been using WD40 for YEARS on rc airplane engines, nitro buggies, and now in BL rc cars and up to this day have not experienced any rusted parts. So this myth that WD40 is bad is just that.

Wash off the whole car, but I try not to puddle up the water, having the chassis vertical to let it run down, easy on it lightly water spraying it. Use a hair dryer on low setting to dry out and then spray w wd40, it leaves a fine coat of lubricant and yes displaces any remaining water.

MeesterC.... WATER BASED, really?

just for you
https://www.wd40.com/cool-stuff/myths-legends-fun-facts

Both of these rigs have been covered in dirt, mud, snow, water, you name it and I hit them with an air compressor, then put Dawn in a bucket and lather up these three brushes and go to town (this only if they are muddy and only hit the chassis when I tear down but the front and rear clip always get it), then I’ll rinse, air compressor to dry. Then, liberally spray Moo-Slick everywhere except on the ESC, directly hit the bearings-driveshafts-dog bones-outdrives, then start working it in all the crevices with the 3” brush...it has a long reach. Then, wipe them down with a Microfiber towel and put them on the shelf. I don’t use WD-40 on them anymore. They always come out like this.
C9FBE97A-E1B3-4FF1-9CDC-D2B69B6D9A32.jpeg
06D9DFB6-BEDD-4C69-9067-B73ADF776A4B.jpeg
A989879D-E30A-4C89-B155-0EB01F02D3EC.jpeg
C16BAB8B-39A2-4C93-8FF6-05CBC9E6D0A4.jpeg
CD3E713D-757E-4E08-AB53-CF62D16B1D51.jpeg

Both of these rigs have been covered in dirt, mud, snow, water, you name it and I hit them with an air compressor, then put Dawn in a bucket and lather up these three brushes and go to town (this only if they are muddy and only hit the chassis when I tear down but the front and rear clip always get it), then I’ll rinse, air compressor to dry. Then, liberally spray Moo-Slick everywhere except on the ESC, directly hit the bearings-driveshafts-dog bones-outdrives, then start working it in all the crevices with the 3” brush...it has a long reach. Then, wipe them down with a Microfiber towel and put them on the shelf. I don’t use WD-40 on them anymore. They always come out like this.
View attachment 28726View attachment 28727View attachment 28728View attachment 28729View attachment 28730
I use the same process with different products.
20190203_111434.jpg

I'm going to try moo slick and see how it compares. Thanks for the recommendation!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back